Statistics and Probability
Welcome to the Statistics and Probability area of www.elsevier.com. We are a leading publisher in the field publishing highly respected statistics and probability titles, including prestigious society journals and book series. By delivering first class information and innovative tools, we continue to refine our portfolio to serve the research need of educators, researchers and students worldwide. We are proud to play an integral part within the statistics community and to participate in the advancement of this field.
The International Year of Statistics is a worldwide celebration and recognition of the contributions of statistical science. Elsevier will be marking these celebrations with the following:
A series of articles made freely available in the below Elsevier Statistics & Probability journals, selected for your reading pleasure by the Editor(s) of each title as the most impactful and significant articles published in these.
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
- Statistical Methodology
- Journal of the Korean Statistical Society
- Stochastic Processes and their Applications
- Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
- Journal of Multivariate Analysis
Special Issues /Special Invited Papers
A Special Issue on the Occasion of the 2013 International Year of Statistics in the journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications providing an overview of recent and future development of statistics for stochastic processes. Rainer Dahlhaus, Jean Jacod, Per Mykland and Nakahiro Yoshida are guest editors of this issue.
- Special invited article by Sara van de Geer in the Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
Generic chaining and the l1-penalty
- Special Invited Discussion Paper by Mathilde Mougeot, Dominique Picard, Karine Tribouley in the Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
Grouping strategies and thresholding for high dimensional linear models
- Special Invited Discussion Paper by Vladimir Spokoiny, Weining Wang, Wolfgang Karl Härdle in the Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
Local quantile regression
Awards and Sponsorships of key Statistics and Probability conferences
Ars Conjectandi - A celebration of 300 years of stochastics
9th Conference on Bayesian Nonparametrics
36th Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications
7th Conference on Lévy Processes
The 59th World Statistics Congress
7th CSDA International Conference on Computational and Financial Econometrics
Details of more activities to follow.
Elsevier organized conference
Spatial Statistics 2013
4 – 7 June 2013 | Columbus, Ohio, USA
Featured books and Authors
Among his texts are A First Course in Probability, Introduction to Probability Models, Stochastic Processes, and Introductory Statistics. Professor Ross is the founding and continuing editor of the journal Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences.
His recent publication is Simulation, 5th Edition. This latest edition features all-new material on variance reduction, including control variables and their use in estimating the expected return at blackjack and their relation to regression analysis. Additionally, the 5th edition expands on Markov chain monte carlo methods, and offers unique information on the alias method for generating discrete random variables.
- Elsevier's Mathematics publications are available online via ScienceDirect, the premier platform for Scientific, Technical and Medical full-text and bibliographic information.
- Elsevier offers several e-mail alerting services through ScienceDirect: Search alerts - Topic alerts - Volume/Issue alerts - Citation alerts.
- Discover the Top25 Hottest Mathematics articles on ScienceDirect. Now you can keep track of the latest trends in your specialty and find out what your colleagues are reading.
- Going back to Volume 1: Issue 1, Elsevier’s Mathematics backfiles on ScienceDirect, enable researchers to have instant access to seminal and much-cited papers from earlier volumes.
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of research literature and quality web sources. It’s the easiest way to find relevant results fast. Content coverage is reliable and high quality, and you’ll find articles you won’t find in other databases. You can quickly refine and sort by subject, by times cited, by title, and by author, to gain new insights that can advance your research.
- Scopus Top Cited offers a quick overview of the top 20 cited articles in computer science in the past 3, 4 or 5 years of publication. Articles are also displayed on Google maps taking the first author’s affiliation as the point of reference.