- Virtual Special Issue: A hand picked selection of key journal content from 2012 – 2014- NEW!
- Virtual Special Issue: Soccer in Physics- NEW!
- Virtual Special Issue: Nuclear Physics B - Celebratory Issue 1956 - 2014- NEW!
- Virtual Special Issue: From one giant leap to the next- NEW!
- Professor Pol Spanos Elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Winner of the Gerhard Ertl Young Investigator Award 2014 For Excellent Research in Surface Science
- Nobel Prize 2013: Nuclear Physics B and Physics Letters B congratulate the winners! Read more
- Physics Letters B and Nuclear Physics B turn open access under the SCOAP3 model. Read more
- Check out the new Impact Factors! Read more
- SSI19 - Best Paper awards in 2011 and 2012 announced!
- Gerhard Ertl Young Investigator Award 2013: Winner announced!
- Publish with 'fast track communications': rapid publication of short communications on significant developments for Solid State Communications and Optics Communications.
- Elsevier Innovation Award in Publishing: Invented in March 2014, the award was created to improve the online publishing experience. Participants at APS 2014 in Denver shared their ideas supporting authors in presenting their research or to enrich the reader experience.
Institute in the Spotlight: Fudan University
Department of Physics -Heavenly light shines day after day!
Fudan University - "Fudan" meaning "Heavenly light shines day after day"- belongs to China's national topmost institutions of advanced learning and higher education universities. Established in 1905, and after merging with the physics departments of eight universities in East China, the University developed into one of the key centers for physics research and education in China.
Editorial to the newsletter
Welcome to this inaugural issue of the Elsevier physics newsletter. Via this channel we would like to update you on our latest activities and plans for the physics journals. ?In this first newsletter, we will share some of our latest initiatives such as Mendeley and Matlab. Bring you up-to-speed on our latest new journals and introduce you to our Institute in the Spotlight: the Physics Department of Fudan University!
Let me first introduce the team working to ensure your journals are run smoothly, developing them as scientific disciplines constantly change and start new journals if and when new research fields are surfacing.
Part of the physics publishing team based in Amsterdam
Our Publishing team (see picture) based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, consist of 10 members from many different nationalities (Italy, Romania, Iran, Spain, Germany, Sweden). In Bejing, we have 4 additional colleagues who work with many of you to ensure special issues are published as quickly as possible.? In various other locations, there are more than 20 journal managers safeguarding our 79 physics journals and handling author queries in relation to the publication of your work.
It's likely that you have met some of us at various conferences around the world or perhaps even when we visit you at your institute. If not, we do hope to meet you in the near future and in the meantime, we encourage you to let us know what would be interesting topics to hear about and how we could help you better in publishing and marketing your work worldwide.
We hope that as an author you can find an appropriate home for your scientific contributions in one of the physics journals, whether in large general, in smaller more niche or in one of our recently started titles. The scientific stewardship of your journals is managed by ~1900 editors and board members from around the globe with the invaluable support of more than 50.000 referees.
We know you have a choice in where to publish and we appreciate working with you!
Publishing Director Elsevier Physics
Browse the Physics Catalogue, presented in a handy page-turning format.
Keeping up to date: Your Way
Elsevier Physics Social Media channels:
We also invite you to sign-up to our Preference Centre and specify exactly the kind of email communication you would like to receive from us.