Welcome to the Environmental Science and Ecology subject page
For almost 45 years, we have been publishing highly respected Environmental Sciences journals. By delivering first class information and innovative tools, we continue to refine our portfolio to serve the research need of educators, researchers and students worldwide. We aim for our journals to reflect the interdisciplinary nature of environmental sciences, including titles dedicated to ecology, environmental chemistry, toxicology, management, remote sensing, conservation and sustainability.
We are proud to play an integral part within the Environmental Sciences community and to participate in the advancement of this field.
For full aims and scope, to submit your articles or subscribe, visit the journal homepages.
New Journals in Environmental Science and Sustainability
The field of Environmental Science is changing continuously, becoming interdisciplinary, and focusing on climate change and its impact on the world. Our new journals meet timely topics within the field, and provide a research outlet to disperse research on these crucial topics.
- The inaugural issue of Weather and Climate Extremes is here. Download papers here
- Learn more about the journal Urban Climate. View the first issues here.
- Publish in new open access journal Climate Risk Management.
Latest Impact Factors
Each year, the quality of papers published in our Environmental Science journals is secured by the contribution of all our outstanding authors, reviewers and editors.
Download the Environmental Science Impact Factor Catalogue here.
* Journal Citation Reports®, published by Thomson Reuters, 2013
Undoubtedly you have experienced the short comings and occasional frustrations associated with the manuscripts submission and peer review processes. Our aim is to help facilitate and develop fast, effective and truly innovative solutions to improve the overall manuscript submission and peer review process for all individuals concerned.
Take advantage of our new easy article transfer service and avoid the hassle of resubmitting to another journal.
- Faster publication
- Maximise your publication options
- Benefit from keeping the first submission date of your manuscript
- Remain in control of the submission process with minimal effort
- Introducing Global Ecology and Conservation
- New Open Access journals in Climate Research
- Announcing a new Editorial Board for Chemosphere
- Editors select their top 5 articles – available in the mobile site and application
- Extreme weather and climate events investigated in new open access journal
- Article Transfer Service now available
Recent Environmental Science Special Issues
Tools to Support Ecosystem Based Management of South Florida's Coastal Resources
Ecological Indicators, Volume 44, pages 1-182 (Sep-14)
Edited by Christopher R. Kelble, Joseph N. Boyer, Peter B. Ortner
Special Issue on Multimedia in Ecology and Environment
Ecological Informatics, Volume 23, pages 1-136 (Sep-14)
Edited by Concetto Spampinato, Vasileios Mezaris, Benoit Huet, Jacco van Ossenbruggen
Halogenated Persistent Organic Pollutants (Dioxin2013, Daegu/Korea)
Science of the Total Environment, Volumes 491-492, pages 1-278 (Sep-14)
Edited by Jae-Ho Yang, Yasuyuki Shibata, Rainer Malisch, Eric Reiner
Keeping up to date: Your Way
Elsevier Environmental Science and Ecology Social Media channels:
We also invite you to sign-up to our Preference Centre and specify exactly the kind of email communication you would like to receive from us.