Top 25 Downloaded
Top 25 Chemistry downloads from ScienceDirect
Articles are updated every quarter to reflect the Top 25 most downloaded articles from the past 12 months.
- 1. UV-assisted in situ synthesis of silver nanoparticles on silk fibers for antibacterial applications • Article Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Volume 447, April 2014, Pages 1-7 | Lu, Z.; Meng, M.; Jiang, Y.; Xie, J.
2. The effect of heat treatment on the physical properties of sol-gel derived ZnO thin films • Article Applied Surface Science, Volume 255, Issue 11, March 2009, Pages 5812-5817 | Raoufi, D.; Raoufi, T.
3. Syntheses of rigid-rod but degradable biopolyamides from itaconic acid with aromatic diamines • Article Polymer Degradation and Stability | Ali, M.A.; Tateyama, S.; Kaneko, T.
4. Recent advances in graphene based polymer composites • Review article Progress in Polymer Science, Volume 35, Issue 11, November 2010, Pages 1350-1375 | Kuilla, T.; Bhadra, S.; Yao, D.; Kim, N.H.; Bose, S.; Lee, J.H.
5. Straightforward rapid spectrophotometric quantification of total cyanogenic glycosides in fresh and processed cassava products • Article Food Chemistry, Volume 158, September 2014, Pages 20-27 | Tivana, L.D.; Da Cruz Francisco, J.; Zelder, F.; Bergenstahl, B.; Dejmek, P.
6. Surface plasmon resonance sensors: review • Article Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 54, Issue 1-2, January 1999, Pages 3-15 | Homola, J.; Yee, S.S.; Gauglitz, G.
7. Lithium batteries: Status, prospects and future • Review article Journal of Power Sources, Volume 195, Issue 9, May 2010, Pages 2419-2430 | Scrosati, B.; Garche, J.
8. Chitin and chitosan: Properties and applications • Review article Progress in Polymer Science, Volume 31, Issue 7, July 2006, Pages 603-632 | Rinaudo, M.
9. The surface science of titanium dioxide • Review article Surface Science Reports, Volume 48, Issue 5-8, January 2003, Pages 53-229 | Diebold, U.
10. DPPH antioxidant assay revisited • Article Food Chemistry, Volume 113, Issue 4, April 2009, Pages 1202-1205 | Sharma, O.P.; Bhat, T.K.
11. A review of chitin and chitosan applications • Review article Reactive and Functional Polymers, Volume 46, Issue 1, November 2000, Pages 1-27 | Ravi Kumar, M.N.
12. TiO"2 photocatalysis and related surface phenomena • Review article Surface Science Reports, Volume 63, Issue 12, December 2008, Pages 515-582 | Fujishima, A.; Zhang, X.; Tryk, D.A.
13. Biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles based drug delivery systems • Review article Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Volume 75, Issue 1, January 2010, Pages 1-18 | Kumari, A.; Yadav, S.K.; Yadav, S.C.
14. Graphene-polymer nanocomposites for structural and functional applications • Review article Progress in Polymer Science | Hu, K.; Kulkarni, D.D.; Choi, I.; Tsukruk, V.V.
15. Fabrication of paper-based devices by lacquer spraying method for the determination of nickel (II) ion in waste water • Article Talanta, Volume 114, September 2013, Pages 291-296 | Nurak, T.; Praphairaksit, N.; Chailapakul, O.
16. Surface modification of inorganic nanoparticles for development of organic-inorganic nanocomposites-A review • Review article Progress in Polymer Science, Volume 38, Issue 8, August 2013, Pages 1232-1261 | Kango, S.; Kalia, S.; Celli, A.; Njuguna, J.; Habibi, Y.; Kumar, R.
17. Carbon nanotube-polymer composites: Chemistry, processing, mechanical and electrical properties • Review article Progress in Polymer Science, Volume 35, Issue 3, March 2010, Pages 357-401 | Spitalsky, Z.; Tasis, D.; Papagelis, K.; Galiotis, C.
18. Fabrication and processing of polymer solar cells: A review of printing and coating techniques • Review article Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Volume 93, Issue 4, April 2009, Pages 394-412 | Krebs, F.C.
19. Dye-sensitized solar cells • Review article Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews, Volume 4, Issue 2, October 2003, Pages 145-153 | Gratzel, M.
20. Applications of nanotechnology in food packaging and food safety: Barrier materials, antimicrobials and sensors • Article Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Volume 363, Issue 1, November 2011, Pages 1-24 | Duncan, T.V.
21. Biodegradable polymers as biomaterials • Review article Progress in Polymer Science, Volume 32, Issue 8-9, August 2007, Pages 762-798 | Nair, L.S.; Laurencin, C.T.
22. Titanium dioxide photocatalysis • Review article Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews, Volume 1, Issue 1, June 2000, Pages 1-21 | Fujishima, A.; Rao, T.N.; Tryk, D.A.
23. Inhibitory effects of litchi (Litchi chinensis Sonn.) flower-water extracts on lipase activity and diet-induced obesity • Article Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 5, Issue 2, April 2013, Pages 923-929 | Samuel Wu, Y.H.; Chiu, C.H.; Yang, D.J.; Lin, Y.L.; Tseng, J.K.; Chen, Y.C.
24. Polymer nanoparticles: Preparation techniques and size-control parameters • Review article Progress in Polymer Science, Volume 36, Issue 7, July 2011, Pages 887-913 | Rao, J.P.; Geckeler, K.E.
25. TiO"2 photocatalysis: Design and applications • Review article Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews, Volume 13, Issue 3, September 2012, Pages 169-189 | Nakata, K.; Fujishima, A.