Access to Scopus is typically managed by the library of an academic institution, government agency or business organization. Remote access and/or access to walk-in users may be granted at the discretion of the library and is an option within the Scopus agreement. Scopus access is based upon unique institutional IP address. It also supports standard compliant Shibboleth / OpenAthens authentication and discovery services.
Once you have logged into Scopus, you can access all content and take full advantage of its features and smart tools starting from the main navigation bar.
Click Sources to browse or search the indexed sources and journals by title.
Click Analytics to open the Journal Analyzer and compare journals based on citation metrics.
Click My list to view and manage your temporary lists of documents. You can select documents and save them for later use within a session, but you can also save documents in a basket permanently.
Click Settings to view or edit all general settings in Scopus. This includes your account or profile information, preferences, changing your password, and setting up a list of alerts or saved searches.
Getting Scopus Support & training materials
Support tutorials on performing specific tasks are easily accessible from the main navigation bar in Scopus. Additional videos, including a getting started video, can be found here.
Making Scopus yours
Follow the steps below to register as a new user, enabling you to take advantage of personalization functions such as email alerts, RSS feeds and quick links to favorites.
- Visit www.scopus.com within your institutional network or IP address range.
- Click on Register at the top right of any Scopus page, or click Not Registered? inside the Login box to create your personal profile.
- Use the Remember Me option so you don't have to login every time you visit.
- CONGRATULATIONS – You have created your personal account.
- To have access to Scopus when offsite you can easily activate the remote access option from the login dialog box (drops down when you click login).