Scopus offers a variety of features and smart tools to help you stay current with research and authors, track citations, and manage your account or profile, all starting from the main navigation bar.
Click Sources to browse or search the indexed sources and journals by title.
Click Analytics to open the Journal Analyzer and compare journals based on citation metrics.
Click My list to view and manage your temporary lists of documents. You can select documents and save them for later use within a session, but you can also save documents in a basket permanently.
Click Settings to view or edit all general settings in Scopus. This includes your account or profile information, preferences, changing your password, and setting up a list of alerts or saved searches.
Scopus is a subscription service typically available through your organization's library or information department. Visit the Access page to understand how you can access Scopus while within your organization's physical location or whenever you are working remotely.
Getting help with Scopus
Context-sensitive Help is accessible from every Scopus page, including video tutorials that show how best to perform a specific task. Use the "Tutorials" link found in the main navigation bar. Additional videos, including a short getting started video, can be found here.
For a written overview to help you get started with Scopus, use our Quick Reference Guide.
For additional support, you can always contact the Elsevier Customer Service department.
Making Scopus yours
Follow the steps below to register as a new user, enabling you to take advantage of personalization functions such as email alerts, RSS feeds and quick links to favorites.
- Visit www.scopus.com within your institutional network or IP address range.
- Click on Register at the top right of any Scopus page, or click Not Registered? inside the Login box to create your personal profile.
- Use the Remember Me option so you don't have to log in every time you visit.
- CONGRATULATIONS – You have created your personal account.
- To have access to Scopus when offsite you can easily activate the remote access option from the login dialog box (drops down when you click login).