Training & Support
Will QUOSA software work on either PC or Mac?
Yes, QUOSA software works with both operating systems.
Can I import my existing PDF libraries into QUOSA Information Manager?
Yes. The software allows you to import your PDFs so you can easily search the full text.
What is the difference between QUOSA Information Manager and QUOSA Browser Plus?
QUOSA Information Manager is a desktop software that allows you to search for articles in your online databases, download the full text, and then manage them locally or in a Virtual Library. You can also set up keyword alerts to monitor new articles.
QUOSA Browser Plus is a browser-based tool allows end users to search for documents stored in the Virtual Library, as well as search for new articles in online databases and subscribe to alerts.
How can I share articles with my work groups?
You can share articles by giving them QUOSA Browser Plus, or you can share links to articles via RSS feeds and pre-formatted email reports.
My users like to have the ability to insert citations while they are writing reports. Can QUOSA do this?
Yes. QUOSA Browser Plus supports the ability to insert citations directly from the browser to Microsoft Word.
How does QUOSA help prevent users from purchasing the same articles over and over?
QUOSA can provide a shopping cart function that integrates with major document deliver vendors. When a user places an order for an article, QUOSA makes sure it isn't already available via subscription, open access, or in your Virtual Library. If it's already available, QUOSA provides a download link. If it isn't available, the order is processed with your document delivery vendor.
Does QUOSA software only work with Elsevier databases?
No. Although it allows searching of ScienceDirect, Embase, and Scopus, you can also use the software to search PubMed, OvidSP, EBSCO, Google Scholar, and others.
Tech Specs & Downloads
QUOSA Information Manager
- PC Requirements
- PC Intel Core 2 Duo processor or higher
- Intel AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
- 2 GB of RAM or higher recommended
- 100 MB free disk space for executables, and additional disk space for data files
- One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or above installed on machine (but does not need to be default browser). (Note: PubMed no longer supports Internet Explorer 6, and therefore we recommend a more recent version if you are planning to use PubMed. This may be the case for other channels as well.)
- Mac Requirements
- Intel Core Duo or Core 2 Duo processor
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- At least 2GB of physical RAM
- 30MB free disk space for executables, and additional disk space for data files.