Geofacets and GSL Millennium Edition
About the Geofacets-GSL Millennium Edition:
Elsevier and the Geological Society of London (GSL) have collaborated to provide GSL members with a unique opportunity to gain individual access to thousands of geological maps from the renowned Lyell Collection through the Geofacets platform, an innovative map-based research tool designed by geoscientists for geoscientists. These maps are downloadable, georeferenced, and accompanied by metadata, article abstracts and links to original source articles.
Use Geofacets' innovative features designed for geoscientists:
- Search for map content via the interactive map interface.
- Use geo-based search facets to refine results by map type, map surface area, and geological basin.
- Use the advanced keyword search to search for geological terms, geologic deposit models, or analogs.
Discover and Download:
- 24,000+ maps from the books and journals in the Lyell Collection published from 2000 – present.
- All maps downloadable as TIFF and JPEG files. 16,000+ are downloadable as GeoTIFF, GeoTIFF+XML, and KMZ files for easy integration with GIS tools, Google Earth and more.
- Each map is accompanied by metadata such as geographic coordinates, map surface area, datum and projection for geo-referenced maps, and more.
- View reference information about the maps and the associated articles.
Access exclusive maps published from 2000 to present from GSL publications including:
- Engineering Geology Special Publication
- Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, Analysis
- Journal of Micropaleontology
- Journal of the Geological Society
- Petroleum Geology Conference Series
- Petroleum Geoscience
- Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society
- Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology
- Scottish Journal of Geology
- Special Publications
24,000+ Maps and Growing!
New maps are continuously added to provide GSL members with immediate access to the latest data.
Supercharge your GSL Membership
with the Geofacets-GSL
Millennium Edition today!