Geofacets and GSA Millennium Edition
About the Geofacets-GSA Millennium Edition
Elsevier and the Geological Society of America (GSA) have collaborated to provide GSA members with a unique opportunity to gain individual access to thousands of geological maps from GSA's trusted publications through the Geofacets platform, an innovative map-based research tool designed by geoscientists for geoscientists. These maps are downloadable, georeferenced and accompanied by metadata, article abstracts and links to original source articles.
Use Geofacets' innovative features designed for geoscientists
- Search for map content via the interactive map interface.
- Use geo-based search facets to refine results by map type, map surface area, and geological basin.
- Use the advanced keyword search to search for geological terms, geologic deposit models or analogs.
Discover and download
- 30,000+ maps from the market-leading books and journals of GSA published from 2000 – present.
- All maps are downloadable as TIFF and JPEG files. 24,000+ are available as GeoTIFF, GeoTIFF+XML and KMZ files for easy integration with GIS tools, Google Earth and more.
- Each map is accompanied by metadata such as geographic coordinates, map surface area, datum and projection for geo-referenced maps and more.
- View reference information about the maps and the associated articles.
Access exclusive maps published from 2000 to present from GSA publications including:
- Decade of North American Geology
- GSA Bulletin
- GSA Special Papers
- GSA Memoirs
- GSA Field Guides
- GSA Reviews in Engineering Geology
30,000+ Maps and Growing!
New maps are continuously added to provide GSA members with access to the latest data!
Supercharge your GSA Membership
with the Geofacets-GSA
Millennium Edition today!