Take advantage of all that Geofacts has to offer
Geofacets helps geoscientists save time in their exploration research by enabling our map content to be integrated into multiple tools that are already present in the geoscientist's workflow.Once a map is identified, users can simply download the map image in the desired format:
- To integrate into ArcGIS™, download the map as a GeoTIFF or as GeoTIFF+XML
- To integrate into PowerPoint® or other presentation software, download the map as a JPEG
- To integrate into Google Earth™, download the map as a KMZ
The new Geofacets Connector for Petrel* and Studio* connects users to our georeferenced content from within the Petrel E&P software platform. Seamlessly integrate maps and data in your 2D and 3D projects within Petrel.
By merging content and analysis within the Petrel environment, you can:
- Quickly access hundreds of thousands of georeferenced geologic maps extracted from trusted publications
- Gain more geologic insights for exploration projects with source article information and other data provided with each map
- Seamlessly integrate peer-reviewed maps into 2D and 3D projects, so you can analyze, validate or complement proprietary data with external insights
Learn more about the Geofacets Connector for Petrel and Studio.
Easy Access to Context and Insights Behind Each Map
Expert analysis and interpretation varies from geoscientist to geoscientist and depends greatly on the insights available. Geoscientists need an in-depth understanding of the source of information, including map content – which is why Geofacets is designed to provide geoscientists with context and insight for each individual map in the database.
Each map is accompanied by source article information such as the article abstract and links to view the full-text source article, so the author’s original insights and intent can be investigated.
Helping geoscientists find those key insights – exploration has never been more seamless.
Discoverability of individual maps buried in literature
Geofacets works the way that geoscientists think – geospatially.
Each map in our database is processed by a team of geoscientists so it is discoverable by location and keyword, as well as tagged with metadata such as map subject, map type, and geographic coordinates. Our stringent process makes it easy for geoscientists to discover relevant maps much more quickly and effectively than traditional search methods:
- View map content within a specified place on the Earth using our interactive map interface
- Search by name of country or basin using our Geographic Metadata Search
- Find relevant maps by using our Keyword Search
- Use specialized search filters such as map type, subject area, surface area, and more to strategically narrow down results
Helping uncover hidden maps from literature – exploration has never been more seamless.
At the core of Geofacets is its vast database of georeferenced geologic maps from peer-reviewed publications, which adds thousands of maps on a monthly basis.
Our database contains hundreds of thousands of maps extracted from publishers like Elsevier and our content partners: the Geological Society of America, the Geological Society of London, the Society for Sedimentary Geology, and the Society of Economic Geologists. The content extracted from these publishers is carefully curated for the information needs of a resource exploration geoscientist, including petroleum or ore-specific geoscience, as well as fundamental and specialized geologic research
Geofacets’ map content helps geoscientists characterize a geologic basin, mineral deposit or geographic area’s geology and keep internal knowledge of a region or area of strategic importance up to date.
Bringing trusted sources onto one platform – exploration has never been more seamless.