What is the EnCompass Thesaurus?
The EnCompass Thesaurus is Elsevier's hierarchically structured, controlled vocabulary for the downstream oil and gas industry. Created in 1964 by the American Petroleum Institute, the EnCompass Thesaurus remains the authoritative source of indexing for leading international integrated oil and gas companies and others involved in downstream petroleum and petrochemical activities.
- Developed from the viewpoint of oil and gas professionals
- Basis for EncompassLIT and EncompassPAT indexing
- Controlled vocabulary of 7,500 scientific terms and concepts
- Over 6,900 cross-references, including synonyms and near synonyms
- Approximately 1,400 chemical index terms
- Links to over 1,200 CAS registry numbers
- Updated annually