Embase at MLA 2014
This year marked a very busy MLA for Embase — we celebrated our 40th anniversary and held a number of special events throughout the conference: Sunrise Seminar — The Embase Sunrise Seminar featured special guest speaker, Dr. Su Golder, from the University of York. Dr. Golder presented "Where and how to search for adverse effects" and will repeat her talk for our June 25 webinar (Register for the webinar).
Dr. Ian Crowlesmith, Senior Product Manager and Daan de Jong, Director Product Development, also provided an overview on Embase, including in-depth information on Embase developments in 2013/2014.
Dr. Su Golder presenting at the Embase Sunrise Seminar
Speed Boat Innovation Game
Ten separate brainstorming sessions on optimizing Systematic Reviews took place throughout the conference. Key ideas from the sessions include:
- The need for more time and resources to perform systematic reviews
- Better awareness of how to make use of the skills and knowledge of the medical librarian
- Improved training and understanding of what systematic reviews are
- The ability to temporarily access databases, which will also help to drive projects forward
- The creation of better tools to identify grey literature
Embase Drinks Reception
More than 150 people helped us celebrate our 40th year as a digital biomedical database, with the Embase Drinks Reception, which included hot appetizers and wine & beer and was held at the Elsevier booth.