Surface Science (including Surface Science Letters)
Surface Science is devoted to elucidating the fundamental aspects of chemistry and physics occurring at a wide range of surfaces and interfaces and to disseminating this knowledge fast.The journal welcomes a broad spectrum of topics, including but not limited to:
• model systems (e.g. in Ultra High Vacuum) under well-controlled reactive conditions
• nanoscale science and engineering, including manipulation of matter at the atomic/molecular scale and assembly phenomena
• reactivity of surfaces as related to various applied areas including heterogeneous catalysis, chemistry at electrified interfaces, and semiconductors functionalization
• phenomena at interfaces relevant to energy storage and conversion, and fuels production and utilization
• surface reactivity for environmental protection and pollution remediation
• interactions at surfaces of soft matter, including polymers and biomaterials.
Both experimental and theoretical work, including modeling, is within the scope of the journal. Work published in Surface Science reaches a wide readership, from chemistry and physics to biology and materials science and engineering, providing an excellent forum for cross-fertilization of ideas and broad dissemination of scientific discoveries.
Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.
Editor-in-Chief M. Mavrikakis
- Imprint: NORTH-HOLLAND
- ISSN: 0039-6028