Open Access Options
- This journal offers authors two choices to publish their research:
Open Access Subscription Articles are freely available to both subscribers and the wider public with permitted reuse. Articles are made available to subscribers as well as developing countries and patient groups through our access programs. An Open Access publication fee is payable by authors or their research funder. No Open Access publication fee.
In accordance with Funding Body requirements, Elsevier does offer alternative Open Access publishing options. Visit http://www.elsevier.com/openaccess for full information.
Your publication choice will have no effect on the peer review process or acceptance of your submission.
Details on Open Access Articles:
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We offer authors a choice of user licenses, which define the permitted reuse of articles (see http://www.elsevier.com/openaccesslicenses). We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
• Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
• Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC-BY-NC-ND)
• And if you need to comply with your funding body policy you can apply for the CC-BY license after your manuscript is accepted for publication.
Open Access Publication Fee
To provide Open Access, this journal has a publication fee which needs to be met by the authors or their research funders for each article published Open Access.
The publication fee for this journal is $USD 2,500, excluding taxes.
Funding Body Agreements
Elsevier has established agreements with funding bodies, including Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK. This ensures authors can comply with funding body Open Access policies and may also be reimbursed for their publication fees.
Learn More about:
• Publishing Open Access with Elsevier
• Funding body agreements
• Open Access license policy
• Open Access pricing policy