Guide for Authors
Dr. V. Dayasagar Rao
Dr. V. Dayasagar Rao
Senior Interventional Cardiologist
Krishna Institute of Medical Science
Andhra Pradesh, India
Email: email@example.com; Phone: +91-40- 44885000
Manuscript submission: (http://ees.elsevier.com/jicc)
Manuscripts submitted should not have been published earlier or be under simultaneous consideration for publication by any other Journal. Violation may lead to a retraction of the published article by the Journal and other actions as deemed necessary by the editor. All articles (including invited ones) will be peer-reviewed, and accepted articles edited to the Journal's style. Accepted manuscripts become the permanent property of the Journal and may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the written permission of the editor.Studies involving intervention in human subjects or animals should have received the approval of the institutional ethics committee. A statement to this effect and that an informed consent was obtained from participating human subjects must be included in the manuscript text. If the institution has no formal ethics committee, a statement by the authors that the terms of the Helsinki Agreement were adhered to will be necessary.
Manuscripts must conform to the instructions given below:SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPTS
The Journal only accepts online submissions in electronic format. All new manuscripts must be submitted through Journal of Indian College of Cardiology online and review Web site ( http://ees.elsevier.com/jicc). Authors are requested to submit the text, tables, and figures in electronic form to this address.Please follow the following steps to submit your manuscript:
1. Open the homepage of the Journal's website (http://ees.elsevier.com/jicc).Note : Please note that the username and password combination required for Elsevier Editorial System is different from your username and password combination used to "Track your paper" on the Elsevier "Authors' Home" website.
2. Register yourself for free by clicking on register on the top and create a user profile with a desired username and mandatory details. On submission of the information, you will receive an email confirming your registration along with the 'Password'
3. Click "Log In" on the main navigation menu at the top of the journal screen to open the login page.
4. Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields (e-mailed to you at the time of registration)
5. Click "Author Log in", this takes you to the "Author Main Menu".
By submitting a manuscript, the author agrees to the following:1. The work is original and free from plagiarism.
2. It has not been submitted for publication/is not under consideration for publication at another Journal.3. All authors are aware of the order of authorship. The submitting author shall be solely responsible in case disputes arise.
4. Once published, copyright of manuscript shall stand transferred to the Journal.5. 'Conflict of interest' if any, must be explicitly stated at the end of the manuscript.
General: Type the manuscript (using 'Times New Roman' font, size 10) in single space throughout. Please arrange the manuscript as follows: Title page, Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, and References. Number all pages consecutively, beginning with the title page. Figures and Tables must be referred to in the manuscript. Consult a recent issue of the Journal for details. Only the Title page should bear the names and addresses of the author(s).Editorials, perspective and review articles are accepted generally by invitation.
Length of articles: Text of original articles should be between 2000 and 4000 words. Case reports and other short submissions need not have an abstract or all the headings of a full article. When there are seven or more authors, list only the first six and add et al.Book or monograph
Following is an example:Cassidy JT. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. In: Textbook ofRheumatology 6th ed, Kelly et al (eds) Philadelphia Saunders2000; pp. 1297-1313.
Tables: Each Table should be typed on a separate page and numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals. Necessary explanatory notes, if any, may be given below the Table.Figures/Illustrations/Photographs: Illustrations should be clear enough and of appropriate size (5 inch x 7 inch or larger) for better reproduction. If illustrations are scanned, then they should be scanned at minimum of 300 dpi. Colour images must be CMYK. Line art drawing must have a minimum resolution of 1200 dpi. Photographs may be submitted as 'jpg', or 'tiff' files in a zipped folder. In clinical photographs, identity of the subjects should be suitably masked; in case this is not possible, a written permission from the concerned person should accompany the manuscript. Permission to reproduce any borrowed illustration must be obtained from the author and the publisher.
Legends to Figures: The Figure number (numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals), title and explanations of the Figures should appear in the legend (not on the Figure). Type the legends on a separate page. Enough information should be included to interpret the Figure without reference to the text.Units: All measurements must be in metric units, preferably with corresponding SI units in parentheses.
Correspondence: We welcome letters to the Editor on matters of general cardiology concern or about recently published articles. Such letters will be subjected to selection and editing; where appropriate, the authors of the original article will be invited to reply. The letter should be double-spaced throughout, signed by all authors, and fully referenced. The edited version will be returned for approval before publication.Address all correspondence to: Dr. V. Dayasagar Rao, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms:• Declaration & Copyright Transfer Form