Guide for Authors
Journal of Hydrodynamics
1. Starting from January 1989 Journal of Hydrodynamics is published independently in two editions, contents of one edition is not repeated in the other edition:
English Edition (Ser. B), is published bimonthly in English;
Chinese Edition (Ser. A), is published bimonthly in Chinese.
Both Editions are distributed in China and abroad. Contributions from both domestic and foreign workers are welcome.
2. Only papers not previously published will by accepted, and authors must agree not to publish elsewhere a paper submitted to and accepted by the Journal.
3. Laser-printed manuscripts are acceptable. In such cases please also provide a disk or electronic copy with the final version.Manuscript preparation
1. Manuscripts should be typed double-spaced on one side of the page only with wide margins. An abstract of 200 words or less and 3-8 keywords should accompany the manuscript on a separate sheet.
2. Manuscript should be as concise as possible without detracting from clarity and should be neatly copied in final form. If a manuscript does not follow the above requirements, the Editorial Board will return it for rewriting or retyping before sending it to referees. If necessary, the author will be asked to revise his manuscript according to referees' suggestions. The Editorial Board reserves the right to make reasonable modifications in wording.3. The manuscript for publication should be submitted to the following E-mail box: firstname.lastname@example.org. The address of the Editorial Board of Journal of Hydrodynamics is 185 Gaoxiong Road, Shanghai 200011, China, E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel: +86-21-63150072, Fax: +86-21-63150072,
4. Authors should retain a copy of their manuscripts. No responsibility can be accepted for damage or loss of papers.Mathematical expressions
Mathematical expressions should be carefully inserted, keeping in mind typographical difficulty. Authors should indicate with pencil in the margin the names of Greek letters or other unusual symbols when they first occur to save ambiguity, for example between 'zero' and the letter 'O', the numeral 'one' and the letter 'l', the English letter 'a'' and the Greek letter 'alpha', etc.
All illustrations should be provided in camera-ready form, suitable for reproduction without retouching. Their position in the manuscript should be indicated, and figure numbers together with informative titles should be listed on a separate sheet of paper.
Tables should be the original typed copy and be submitted on separate sheets of paper. They should be numbered consecutively and should have informative titles. Tables will be reproduced directly from the copy provided. The position of tables in the manuscript should be indicated.
References should be listed at the end of each paper and numbered in the order cited to in the text, not alphabetically. Journal references should be arranged thus:
[number] family names and initials of all authors. Title of the paper [J], abbreviated title of the journal, year of publication, number of the volume, number of the issue, numbers of the first and last pages.
Book references should be given as follows:
[number] family names and initials of all authors. Title of the book [M], publishing house, year of publication, number of chapters and sections or pages.
1. The full name of the corresponding author and his academic or professional affiliation, address, Telephone, Fax and E-mail numbers should be placed as footnotes.
2. Footnotes should only be used if absolutely essential. In most cases it will be possible to incorporate them in the main text.