Journal of Bone Oncology
Journal of Bone Oncology is an open access journal.
Beginning with Volume 1, issue 1 (2012), JBO will be indexed and abstracted in Thomson Reuterâs
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
JBO will receive its first Impact Factor in 2016.
The Journal of Bone Oncology is a peer-reviewed international journal aimed at presenting basic, translational and clinical high-quality research related to bone and cancer.
As the first journal dedicated to cancer induced bone diseases, JBO welcomes original research articles, review articles, editorials and opinion pieces. Case reports will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and only when accompanied by a comprehensive review of the subject.
The areas covered by the journal include:
- Bone metastases (pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnostics, clinical features, prevention, treatment)
- Preclinical models of metastasis
- Bone microenvironment in cancer (stem cell, bone cell and cancer interactions)
- Bone targeted therapy (pharmacology, therapeutic targets, drug development, clinical trials, side-effects, outcome research, health economics)
- Cancer treatment induced bone loss (epidemiology, pathophysiology, prevention and management)
- Bone imaging (clinical and animal, skeletal interventional radiology)
- Bone biomarkers (clinical and translational applications)
- Radiotherapy and radio-isotopes
- Skeletal complications
- Bone pain (mechanisms and management)
- Orthopaedic cancer surgery
- Primary bone tumours
- Clinical guidelines
- Multidisciplinary care
Keywords: bisphosphonate, bone, breast cancer, cancer, CTIBL, denosumab, metastasis, myeloma, osteoblast, osteoclast, osteooncology, osteo-oncology, prostate cancer, skeleton, tumour
Editors-in-Chief Robert Coleman , Peyman Hadji
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 2212-1374