Hong Kong Journal of Nephrology
Official publication of the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology
Editor-in-chief: Cheuk-Chun Szeto
The Hong Kong Journal of Nephrology (HKJN) is the official peer-reviewed journal of the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology. The missions of the Journal are to:
- promote clinical and scientific research in the field of nephrology;
- serve as a communication channel among nephrologists in Hong Kong, China and the Asia-Pacific region;
- act as a source of teaching material in the field of nephrology for nephrologists and renal nurses;
- record historical milestones in the field of nephrology in Hong Kong;
- promote the activities of the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology;
- provide a platform for opinions on major issues for nephrologists in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
The HKJN publishes both research papers as well as educational material, including:
- Original Articles: clinical or laboratory studies in nephrology, including, but not limited to, the pathogenesis and treatment of kidney disease, hypertension, acid-base and electrolyte disorders, dialysis, urological diseases, and kidney transplantation.
- Short Communications: research papers that describe preliminary but novel research findings that are not sufficiently substantial for an Original Article.
- Case Reports: interesting cases that highlight uncommon diseases, novel presentations, or cutting-edge therapeutic strategies.
- Case Vignettes: simple cases with interesting clinical images or laboratory results that are of educational value.
The HKJN also publishes invited review articles, editorials, and regular reports from the Hong Kong Renal Registry.Indexed in: CAB Abstracts, EMBASE, ScienceDirect, Scopus, SIIC Data Bases
Editor-in-Chief: Cheuk-Chun Szeto
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISSN: 1561-5413