Articles published in this journal are made freely available on Elsevier's publishing platforms including ScienceDirect.
Articles are protected by copyright and may be used for non-commercial purposes. Users may access, download, copy, display, redistribute, adapt, translate, text mine and data mine the articles provided that:
Use of published articles for commercial purposes is prohibited. Commercial purposes include:
- They cite the article using an appropriate bibliographic citation (i.e. author(s), journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI and the link to the definitive published version on ScienceDirect)
- They maintain the integrity of the article
- They retain copyright notices and links to these terms and conditions so it is clear to other users what can and cannot be done with the article
- They ensure that, for any content in the article that is identified as belonging to a third party, any re-use complies with the copyright policies of that third party
- Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with Elsevier has not been established, must prominently display the statement: "This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in an Elsevier publication. Elsevier has not endorsed this translation."
For permission to use published articles beyond the uses permitted here, visit: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/permissionusematerial.
- Copying or downloading articles, or linking to such postings, for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee;
- Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee;
- Use of articles or article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organisations for promotional purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise; or
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial.