Card Technology Today
Compare smart card solutions from around the world, track technology, products, legislation and key industry players - quickly and with confidence.
Keeping track of the latest innovations in this fast-growing market is, at best, a time consuming task. At worst it can be unproductive and unreliable. Now, whether you are a manufacturer who needs to track competitive activity, an end-user who needs to identify new applications and suppliers, a developer, a vendor, an integrator or an investor, Card Technology Today gives you immediate access to authoritative information on the international smart card market that you can rely on.
When you need reliable information for the preparation of business plans, for analysis of competitor activity, strategy and market share, turn to Card Technology Today for the most reliable, comprehensive and up-to-date information drawn from around the world. You'll find coverage of key technologies, applications, manufacturers, legislation and industry initiatives, including:
• Smart cards
• Identification systems
• Personalised systems
• Systems Integration
• Law and order
• Building security
• Customer loyalty
• Government and public bodies
• Health care
• Computer security
• Physical access control
• Systems integrators
• Standards and testing
• and much more
In each issue of Card Technology Today you'll find:
Unique Annual Surveys and Original Research
From applications and legislation to case studies of leading organisations, you'll find the key issues behind the major news stories from around the world with unbiased analysis and comment. Plus, you'll find out who's launching what product and when, what the planned applications are, who is adopting the technology and much more.
News in Brief:
Essential news from around the world, covering funding levels for particular applications, government initiatives, new legislation, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, contracts awarded, annual results, new applications and the companies adopting the technology.
You'll find details of all the key industry events from around the world with full contact information so that you can act immediately to secure your place at these international forums.
Card Technology Today has been designed to enable you to access essential information quickly and easily via:
• Cross references to previous coverage of companies, technologies, applications and other news stories that will enable you to source further information on a particular news story, product, supplier or application.
• Tables of relevant information, for easy access and understanding, that you can copy and circulate to colleagues.
• Full contact data so that whether you want further information on a particular application, technology or want to book places at an industry event, you can quickly and easily contact key personnel.
Who Should Subscribe?
Whether you are in banking and finance, the retail industry, telecommunications, transportation, education, healthcare, law and enforcement, security or other areas, your subscription to CTT will enable you to:
• Determine the most appropriate technology for your needs and compare suppliers
• Consider how other organisations are using smart cards, identify their business strategies and learn from their mistakes
• Identify new products to the market and new applications in the field as soon as they become available
• Track leading-edge technologies and ensure that your company is aware of the leading suppliers and ready to act as soon as new and more cost-effective technology becomes available
• Identify possible co-operative partners
• Share insights into applications testing in order to guarantee performance
• Understand domestic and international government regulations that impact on the industry
CTT will provide you with straightforward access to essential information that will enable you to:
• Ensure that you always find the right technology and supplier for any given application requirement
• Identify the key users in your sector and the solutions that they are employing
• Monitor who is entering your sector and their plans for the technology
• Gauge which markets are rapidly developing into substantial earners
• Pinpoint which products are currently in development and available for licence
• Evaluate the latest legislation that could impact on your sector
Card Technology Today will enable you to:
• Keep track of your competitors
• Evaluate the needs of end users
• Monitor the development of competitive products
• Plan effective business strategy based on reliable, accurate and up-to-date industry information
• Ensure that you are always fully aware of new international legislation that could impact upon the compatibility and accessibility of your products
• Identify new distributors and keep track of existing distributors
• Monitor the market perception of your products
• Identify new business partners
If and when smart cards deliver the 'killer' application, the potential returns on investment could be staggering. Use your subscription to CTT to:
• Track market trends and identify investment opportunities around the world
• Track the key adopters of smart cards and assess their influence on the market
• Ensure that you are fully aware of new legislation and its effect on opening up or closing down markets
• Identify those technologies that offer the best returns - and those that don't
• Follow research activities and identify potential investment opportunities for the future
• Spot the 'killer' application early and make your own killing.
Imprint: Elsevier Advanced Technology
Top 10 Cited (articles published in the last five years)
Extracted from Scopus (on Thu May 16)
Forget, G. | Stervinou, A. The virtual smart card Card Technology Today, Volume 19, Issue 7-8, 2007-07-01, Pages 12 Dragoljub, N. Stronger security Card Technology Today, Volume 19, Issue 1, 2007-01-01, Pages 9-10 Das, R. NFC-enabled phones and contactless smart cards 2008-2018 Card Technology Today, Volume 20, Issue 7-8, 2008-07-01, Pages 11-13 Andersson, J. SIM cards - the new frontier for biometrics Card Technology Today, Volume 21, Issue 4, 2009-04-01, Pages 10-11 Thompson, R. | Ray, G. More safety for children with mobiles Card Technology Today, Volume 19, Issue 9, 2007-09-01, Pages 10 Stockmann, S. A healthy approach to German smart cards? Card Technology Today, Volume 19, Issue 4, 2007-04-01, Pages 9 Ben-Itzhak, Y. Organised cybercrime and payment cards Card Technology Today, Volume 2009, Issue 2, 2009-02-01, Pages 10-11 Olsen, C. Is contactless payment a reality for the retail industry? Card Technology Today, Volume 20, Issue 11-12, 2008-11-01, Pages 10-11 Brunswick, S. eCommerce fraud - time to act? Card Technology Today, Volume 21, Issue 1, 2009-01-01, Pages 12-13 Olsen, C. Getting the most out of EMV with contactless cards Card Technology Today, Volume 19, Issue 4, 2007-04-01, Pages 10-11
- View all items
Most Read Articles - counted by Article downloads on SciVerse ScienceDirect in the period 01 April 2002 to 30 April 2013
Thu May 16
1 Nigel Reavley Securing online banking Card Technology Today, Volume 17, Issue 10, October 2005, Pages 12-13 2 Raghu Das NFC-enabled phones and contactless smart cards 2008𢀓2018 Card Technology Today, Volume 20, Issue 7-8, July𢀓August 2008, Pages 11-13 3 Philips and IBM target RFID and smart cards Card Technology Today, Volume 16, Issue 2, February 2004, Pages 3- 4 Another link in the chain Card Technology Today, Volume 16, Issue 4, April 2004, Pages 11-12 5 Steve Brunswick eCommerce fraud 𢀓 time to act? Card Technology Today, Volume 21, Issue 1, January 2009, Pages 12-13 6 Steve Lomax Securing the eCommerce revolution: safeguarding Internet transactions Card Technology Today, Volume 18, Issue 6, June 2006, Pages 9-10 7 Marks & Spencer aims for 𢀘&more𢀙 Card Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 11, November𢀓December 2003, Pages 4-5 8 Kai Grassie Easy handling and security make NFC a success Card Technology Today, Volume 19, Issue 10, October 2007, Pages 12-13 9 Challenges, but opportunities for mobile banking Card Technology Today, Volume 21, Issue 4, April 2009, Pages 5-6 10 Security of mobile payments Card Technology Today, Volume 21, Issue 6, June 2009, Pages 7-16
- View all items