Biometric Technology Today
The rate of change within the biometric industry is staggering. What was once a futuristic concept is here and now.
Whether you are an end-user, a developer, a vendor, an integrator or an investor in biometrics, Biometric Technology Today gives you immediate access to authoritative information on key industry developments and covers the industry on a global scale.
Biometric Technology Today is the business newsletter that provides access to the most up-to-date information from around the world on:
• Fingerprint technology
• Smart cards
• Hand geometry
• Biometric solutions in banking
• Biometrics and law and order
• Physical access control
• Iris scanning
• Voice recognition
• Face recognition
• Keystroke dynamics
• Signature biometrics
• Systems integration
• Standards and testing
• Biometrics manufacturers
Each issue of Biometric Technology Today features:
Surveys and Market Trends
You can now access essential information and data that is often difficult to obtain.
• Regular surveys and reports cover:
Finger scanning biometrics; Face recognition systems; Hand measuring systems; Voice verification; Signature biometrics; Eyes, ears, veins, smell, keystroke dynamics; Systems integrators - providing subscribers with a table showing which systems integrator works with a particular application along with full contact details; Standards and testing.
Covering all aspects of biometrics from Physical Access Control to E-commerce to Legislation, you'll find the key issues behind the major news stories from around the world. Plus, you'll find out who's launching what product and when, what the planned applications are and who is adopting the technology and much more.
• News in Brief:
Essential news from around the world, covering funding levels for particular applications, government initiatives, new legislation, new applications and the companies adopting the technology, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, contracts awarded and annual results.
• Forthcoming Events:
You'll find details of all the key industry events from around the world with full contact information so that you can act immediately to secure your place at these international forums.
Biometric Technology Today has been designed to enable you to access essential information quickly and easily via:
• Cross references to previous coverage of companies, technologies, applications and other news stories that will enable you to source further information on a particular news story, product, supplier or application.
• Tables of relevant information, for easy access and understanding, that you can copy and circulate to colleagues.
• Full contact data so that whether you want further information on a particular application, technology or want to book places at an industry event, you can quickly and easily contact key personnel.
Whether you are in banking and finance, education, healthcare, law and enforcement, welfare, immigration, physical access control, computer security, telecomms, or other areas, your subscription to Biometric Technology Today will enable you to:
• Determine the most appropriate technology for your customers' needs
• Consider how other organisations are using biometrics and learn from their mistakes
• Identify new products to the market and new applications in the field as soon as they become available
• Track leading-edge technologies and ensure that your company is aware of the leading suppliers and ready to act as soon as new and more cost-effective technology becomes available
• Identify possible co-operative partners
• Share insights into applications testing in order to guarantee performance
• Understand domestic and international government regulations that impact on the industry
Biometric Technology Today will provide you with straightforward access to essential information that will enable you to:
• Ensure that you always find the right technology and supplier for any given application requirement
• Identify the key users in your sector and the solutions that they are employing
• Monitor who is entering your sector and their plans for the technology
• Gauge which markets are rapidly developing into substantial earners
• Pinpoint which products are currently in development and available for licence
• Evaluate the latest legislation that could impact on your sector
Biometric Technology Today will enable you to:
• Keep track of your competitors
• Monitor the development of competitive products
• Plan effective business strategy based on reliable, accurate and up-to-date industry information
• Ensure that you are always fully aware of new international legislation that could impact upon the compatibility and accessibility of your products
• Identify new distributors and keep track of existing distributors
• Monitor the market perception of your products
• Identify new business partners
The commercial potential of biometrics promises to deliver in the next 2-3 years means the potential returns on investment could be staggering.
• Track market trends and identify investment opportunities around the world
• Keep track of who is adopting biometrics technologies and the implications for the technology
• Ensure that you are fully aware of new legislation and its effect on opening up or closing down markets
• Identify those technologies that offer the best returns - and those that don't
• Follow research activities and identify potential investment opportunities for the future
• Spot the 'killer' application early and make your own killing.
Editor: Tracey Caldwell
Imprint: Elsevier Advanced Technology
Top 10 Cited (articles published in the last five years)
Extracted from Scopus (on Mon Jun 17)
Cappelli, R. | Ferrara, M. | Franco, A. | Maltoni, D. Fingerprint verification competition 2006 Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 7-8, 2007-07-01, Pages 7-9 McIntosh, D.B. Biometrics - a fad or the future? Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2009, Issue 5, 2009-05-01, Pages 9-11 Nixon, M. Gait biometrics Biometric Technology Today, Volume 16, Issue 7-8, 2008-07-01, Pages 8-9 Skaff, G. An alternative to passwords? Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 5, 2007-05-01, Pages 10-11 Cavoukian, A. | Stoianov, A. Biometric encryption Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 3, 2007-03-01, Pages 11 Ryan, R. The importance of biometric standards Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2009, Issue 7, 2009-07-01, Pages 7-10 Walters, R. Managing risk through the integration of physical and logical security Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2010, Issue 7, 2010-07-01, Pages 6-8 Lee, V. Biometrics and identity fraud Biometric Technology Today, Volume 16, Issue 2, 2008-02-01, Pages 7-11 France, F. | Selormey, D. Biometrics improving financial accessibility Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2009, Issue 7, 2009-07-01, Pages 10-11 Chaberski, M. Level 3 friction ridge research Biometric Technology Today, Volume 16, Issue 11-12, 2008-11-01, Pages 9-12
- View all items
Most Read Articles - counted by Article downloads on SciVerse ScienceDirect in the period 01 April 2002 to 31 May 2013
Mon Jun 17
1 Ariana-Michele Moore Biometric technologies 𢀔 an introduction Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2007, Pages 6-7 2 Victor Lee Biometrics and identity fraud Biometric Technology Today, Volume 16, Issue 2, February 2008, Pages 7-11 3 Tomorrow's markets Biometric Technology Today, Volume 12, Issue 5, May 2004, Pages 7-9 4 Craig Arndt The loss of privacy and identity Biometric Technology Today, Volume 13, Issue 8, September 2005, Pages 6-7 5 Kamel Boussadia The evolution of airport screening technology Biometric Technology Today, Volume 17, Issue 2, February 2009, Pages 7-8 6 Ann Cavoukian | Alex Stoianov Biometric encryption Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 3, March 2007, Pages 11- 7 John Elliott Biometrics and airport security Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2009, Issue 10, October 2009, Pages 7-8 8 Dana Marohn Biometrics in healthcare Biometric Technology Today, Volume 14, Issue 9, September 2006, Pages 9-11 9 Chip Mesec Fingerprint identification versus verification Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 9, September 2007, Pages 7- 10 Kenneth Weiss Mobile payments, digital wallets and tunnel vision Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2011, Issue 9, October 2011, Pages 8-9
- View all items
Mon Jun 17
1 Shoppers embrace fingervein and palm biometrics Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 12- 2 Products Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 4- 3 Users eager to replace passwords with voice Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 3-12 4 BioSurveillance Next IDs face in crowd Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 2- 5 Carol Buttle The problem of biometrics in education Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 5-7 6 US immigration reform to mandate facial system for all? Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 2- 7 Dublin Airport trials facial recognition Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 2-3 8 US authorities press ahead with R&D on facial recognition in the wild Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 1-2 9 ID Ready 2D-to-3D face recognition in the cloud Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 2- 10 Company Biometric Technology Today, Volume 2013, Issue 6, June 2013, Pages 4-
- View all items