Articles published in this journal are made freely available on Elsevier's publishing platforms including ScienceDirect.
Articles are protected by copyright and may be used for non-commercial purposes. Users may access, download, copy, display, redistribute, adapt, translate, text mine and data mine the articles provided that:
- They cite the article using an appropriate bibliographic citation (i.e. author(s), journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI and the link to the definitive published version on ScienceDirect)
- They maintain the integrity of the article
- They retain copyright notices and links to these terms and conditions so it is clear to other users what can and cannot be done with the article
- They ensure that, for any content in the article that is identified as belonging to a third party, any re-use complies with the copyright policies of that third party
- Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with Elsevier has not been established, must prominently display the statement: "This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in an Elsevier publication. Elsevier has not endorsed this translation."
- Copying or downloading articles, or linking to such postings, for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee;
- Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee;
- Use of articles or article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organisations for promotional purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise; or
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial.