Advances in Surgery®
Each year, Advances in Surgery brings you the best current thinking from the preeminent practitioners in your field. A distinguished editorial board identifies current areas of major progress and controversy and invites specialists to contribute original articles on these topics. These insightful overviews bring concepts to a clinical level and explore their everyday impact on patient care.
Volume 44 Highlights (coming Fall 2010)
- Does NSQIP Improve Surgical Quality?
- Endovascular Repair of Traumatic Aortic Injuries
- What Should be the Extent of Neck Dissection for Thyroid Cancer?
- Burnout Amongst U.S. Surgeons
- Which is Best? Laparoscopic Gastric
- Reoperative Surgery for the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Does the Type of Pancreaticojejunostomy After Whipple Alter the Leak Rate?
- Outcomes in Over 2000 Limb Revascularizations
- Ductal Anatomy Predicts Major Complications from Pancreatitis
- The Diagnosis of a Ruptured Appendix Preoperatively in the Pediatric Patient
- Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: Who Benefits?
- Screening Criteria for Breast Cancer
- Detecting Leaks Following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Impact of a Computerized Physician Order Entry System
- Real Time Glucose Monitoring? Future or Now?
- Update on Familial Pancreatic Cancer
- What's New in the ICU?
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid and Parathyroid Operations
- Impact of Future Liver Remnant Volume on Outcome Following Extended Right Hepatectomy
- The Impact of "Frailty" on the Outcome of Surgery In the Aged
- Cancer Survivorship - What Are the Long-Term Consequences?
- Role of Chemotherapy in Downstaging Metastases
- What's New in Neoadjuvant Therapy for Breast Cancer?
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy
John L. Cameron
B. Mark Evers, Yuman Fong, David Herndon, Keith Lillemoe, John A. Mannick, John Wong, and Charles J. Yeo
Editor-in-Chief: John L. Cameron, MD
Top 10 Cited (articles published in the last five years)
Extracted from Scopus (on Mon Jun 17)
49 Amersi, F. | Morton, D.L. The Role of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in the Management of Melanoma Advances in Surgery, Volume 41, 2007-09-21, Pages 241-256 31 Hruban, R.H. | Canto, M.I. | Goggins, M. | Schulick, R. | Klein, A.P. Update on familial pancreatic cancer Advances in Surgery, Volume 44, Issue 1, 2010-09-01, Pages 293-311 29 Inaba, K. | Demetriades, D. The Nonoperative Management of Penetrating Abdominal Trauma Advances in Surgery, Volume 41, 2007-09-21, Pages 51-62 28 Vianna, R.M. | Mangus, R.S. | Tector, A.J. Current Status of Small Bowel and Multivisceral Transplantation Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 129-150 25 Ingraham, A.M. | Richards, K.E. | Hall, B.L. | Ko, C.Y. Quality improvement in surgery: The American college of surgeons national surgical quality improvement program approach Advances in Surgery, Volume 44, Issue 1, 2010-09-01, Pages 251-267 21 Sheldon, G.F. | Ricketts, T.C. | Charles, A. | King, J. | Fraher, E.P. | Meyer, A. The Global Health Workforce Shortage: Role of Surgeons and Other Providers Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 63-85 20 Waters, J.A. | Schmidt, C.M. Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm-When to Resect? Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 87-108 19 Merchant, N.B. | Parikh, A.A. | Kooby, D.A. Should All Distal Pancreatectomies Be Performed Laparoscopically? Advances in Surgery, Volume 43, Issue 1, 2009-09-01, Pages 283-300 16 Turcotte, S. | Rosenberg, S.A. Immunotherapy for Metastatic Solid Cancers Advances in Surgery, Volume 45, Issue 1, 2011-09-01, Pages 341-360 16 Clarke, J.R. | Johnston, J. | Blanco, M. | Martindell, D.P. Wrong-Site Surgery: Can We Prevent It? Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 13-31
- View all items
Mon Jun 17
1 Thomas J. Lee | Robert C.G. Martin II Readmission Rates after Abdominal Surgery Can They Be Decreased to a Minimum? Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 155-170 2 Ali Zarrinpar | Johnny C. Hong What is the Prognosis After Retransplantation of the Liver? Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 87-100 3 Richelle T. Williams | David P. Winchester | Katharine Yao | David J. Winchester Who Should Have or Not Have an Axillary Node Dissection with Breast Cancer? Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 1-18 4 Trevor A. Ellison | Barish H. Edil The Current Management of Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 283-296 5 Deborah M. Stein | Thomas M. Scalea Capillary Leak Syndrome in Trauma What is it and What are the Consequences? Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 237-253 6 Eileen M. Bulger | David B. Hoyt Hypertonic Resuscitation After Severe Injury Is it of Benefit? Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 73-85 7 Sean T. Martin | Jon D. Vogel Intestinal Stomas Indications, Management, and Complications Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 19-49 8 Timothy D. Jackson | Matthew M. Hutter Morbidity and Effectiveness of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Adjustable Gastric Band, and Gastric Bypass for Morbid Obesity Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 255-268 9 C. Daniel Smith Zero Surgical Site Infections Is It Possible? Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 51-60 10 Nancy A. Parks | Martin A. Croce Use of Computed Tomography in the Emergency Room to Evaluate Blunt Cerebrovascular Injury Advances in Surgery, Volume 46, Issue 1, September 2012, Pages 205-217
- View all items