Advances in Surgery®
Each year, Advances in Surgery brings you the best current thinking from the preeminent practitioners in your field. A distinguished editorial board identifies current areas of major progress and controversy and invites specialists to contribute original articles on these topics. These insightful overviews bring concepts to a clinical level and explore their everyday impact on patient care.
Volume 44 Highlights (coming Fall 2010)
- Does NSQIP Improve Surgical Quality?
- Endovascular Repair of Traumatic Aortic Injuries
- What Should be the Extent of Neck Dissection for Thyroid Cancer?
- Burnout Amongst U.S. Surgeons
- Which is Best? Laparoscopic Gastric
- Reoperative Surgery for the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Does the Type of Pancreaticojejunostomy After Whipple Alter the Leak Rate?
- Outcomes in Over 2000 Limb Revascularizations
- Ductal Anatomy Predicts Major Complications from Pancreatitis
- The Diagnosis of a Ruptured Appendix Preoperatively in the Pediatric Patient
- Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: Who Benefits?
- Screening Criteria for Breast Cancer
- Detecting Leaks Following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Impact of a Computerized Physician Order Entry System
- Real Time Glucose Monitoring? Future or Now?
- Update on Familial Pancreatic Cancer
- What's New in the ICU?
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid and Parathyroid Operations
- Impact of Future Liver Remnant Volume on Outcome Following Extended Right Hepatectomy
- The Impact of "Frailty" on the Outcome of Surgery In the Aged
- Cancer Survivorship - What Are the Long-Term Consequences?
- Role of Chemotherapy in Downstaging Metastases
- What's New in Neoadjuvant Therapy for Breast Cancer?
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy
John L. Cameron
B. Mark Evers, Yuman Fong, David Herndon, Keith Lillemoe, John A. Mannick, John Wong, and Charles J. Yeo
Editor-in-Chief: John L. Cameron, MD
Top 10 Cited (articles published in the last five years)
Extracted from Scopus (on Dec 02 )
39 Ingraham, A.M. | Richards, K.E. | Hall, B.L. | Ko, C.Y. Quality improvement in surgery: The American college of surgeons national surgical quality improvement program approach Advances in Surgery, Volume 44, Issue 1, 2010-09-01, Pages 251-267 35 Hruban, R.H. | Canto, M.I. | Goggins, M. | Schulick, R. | Klein, A.P. Update on familial pancreatic cancer Advances in Surgery, Volume 44, Issue 1, 2010-09-01, Pages 293-311 33 Vianna, R.M. | Mangus, R.S. | Tector, A.J. Current Status of Small Bowel and Multivisceral Transplantation Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 129-150 23 Waters, J.A. | Schmidt, C.M. Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm-When to Resect? Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 87-108 23 Sheldon, G.F. | Ricketts, T.C. | Charles, A. | King, J. | Fraher, E.P. | Meyer, A. The Global Health Workforce Shortage: Role of Surgeons and Other Providers Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 63-85 23 Merchant, N.B. | Parikh, A.A. | Kooby, D.A. Should All Distal Pancreatectomies Be Performed Laparoscopically? Advances in Surgery, Volume 43, Issue 1, 2009-09-01, Pages 283-300 22 Turcotte, S. | Rosenberg, S.A. Immunotherapy for Metastatic Solid Cancers Advances in Surgery, Volume 45, Issue 1, 2011-09-01, Pages 341-360 17 Reddy, S. | Wolfgang, C.L. Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasms of the Pancreas Advances in Surgery, Volume 43, Issue 1, 2009-09-01, Pages 269-282 17 Levy, R.M. | Wizorek, J. | Shende, M. | Luketich, J.D. Laparoscopic and thoracoscopic esophagectomy Advances in Surgery, Volume 44, Issue 1, 2010-09-01, Pages 101-116 17 Clarke, J.R. | Johnston, J. | Blanco, M. | Martindell, D.P. Wrong-Site Surgery: Can We Prevent It? Advances in Surgery, Volume 42, Issue C, 2008-09-01, Pages 13-31
- View all items
Mon Dec 02
1 Geoffrey W. Krampitz | Jeffrey A. Norton Current Management of the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 59-79 2 Contributors Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages xiii-xv 3 Jaime Benarroch-Gampel | Taylor S. Riall What Laboratory Tests Are Required for Ambulatory Surgery? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 81-98 4 Pedro G.R. Teixeira | Demetrios Demetriades Appendicitis Changing Perspectives Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 119-140 5 Mary E. Klingensmith | Frank R. Lewis General Surgery Residency Training Issues Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 251-270 6 Frederick Thurston Drake | David Reed Flum Improvement in the Diagnosis of Appendicitis Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 299-328 7 Sean Joseph Langenfeld | Jon S. Thompson | Dmitry Oleynikov Laparoscopic Colon Resection Is It Being Utilized? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 29-43 8 Shawn D. St. Peter | George W. Holcomb III Should Peritoneal Lavage Be Used with Suction During Laparoscopic Appendectomy for Perforated Appendicitis? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 111-118 9 Callisia N. Clarke | Jeffrey J. Sussman | Daniel E. Abbott | Syed A. Ahmad Factors Affecting Readmission After Pancreaticoduodenectomy Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 99-110 10 Andy M. Lee | Elliot L. Chaikof Is the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Rupture Rate Decreasing? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 271-286
- View all items