Advances in Surgery®
Each year, Advances in Surgery brings you the best current thinking from the preeminent practitioners in your field. A distinguished editorial board identifies current areas of major progress and controversy and invites specialists to contribute original articles on these topics. These insightful overviews bring concepts to a clinical level and explore their everyday impact on patient care.
Volume 44 Highlights (coming Fall 2010)
- Does NSQIP Improve Surgical Quality?
- Endovascular Repair of Traumatic Aortic Injuries
- What Should be the Extent of Neck Dissection for Thyroid Cancer?
- Burnout Amongst U.S. Surgeons
- Which is Best? Laparoscopic Gastric
- Reoperative Surgery for the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Does the Type of Pancreaticojejunostomy After Whipple Alter the Leak Rate?
- Outcomes in Over 2000 Limb Revascularizations
- Ductal Anatomy Predicts Major Complications from Pancreatitis
- The Diagnosis of a Ruptured Appendix Preoperatively in the Pediatric Patient
- Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: Who Benefits?
- Screening Criteria for Breast Cancer
- Detecting Leaks Following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Impact of a Computerized Physician Order Entry System
- Real Time Glucose Monitoring? Future or Now?
- Update on Familial Pancreatic Cancer
- What's New in the ICU?
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid and Parathyroid Operations
- Impact of Future Liver Remnant Volume on Outcome Following Extended Right Hepatectomy
- The Impact of "Frailty" on the Outcome of Surgery In the Aged
- Cancer Survivorship - What Are the Long-Term Consequences?
- Role of Chemotherapy in Downstaging Metastases
- What's New in Neoadjuvant Therapy for Breast Cancer?
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy
John L. Cameron
B. Mark Evers, Yuman Fong, David Herndon, Keith Lillemoe, John A. Mannick, John Wong, and Charles J. Yeo
Editor-in-Chief: John L. Cameron, MD
Fri Mar 28
1 Geoffrey W. Krampitz | Jeffrey A. Norton Current Management of the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 59-79 2 Contributors Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages xiii-xv 3 Jaime Benarroch-Gampel | Taylor S. Riall What Laboratory Tests Are Required for Ambulatory Surgery? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 81-98 4 Pedro G.R. Teixeira | Demetrios Demetriades Appendicitis Changing Perspectives Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 119-140 5 Mary E. Klingensmith | Frank R. Lewis General Surgery Residency Training Issues Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 251-270 6 Frederick Thurston Drake | David Reed Flum Improvement in the Diagnosis of Appendicitis Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 299-328 7 Sean Joseph Langenfeld | Jon S. Thompson | Dmitry Oleynikov Laparoscopic Colon Resection Is It Being Utilized? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 29-43 8 Shawn D. St. Peter | George W. Holcomb III Should Peritoneal Lavage Be Used with Suction During Laparoscopic Appendectomy for Perforated Appendicitis? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 111-118 9 Callisia N. Clarke | Jeffrey J. Sussman | Daniel E. Abbott | Syed A. Ahmad Factors Affecting Readmission After Pancreaticoduodenectomy Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 99-110 10 Andy M. Lee | Elliot L. Chaikof Is the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Rupture Rate Decreasing? Advances in Surgery, Volume 47, Issue 1, September 2013, Pages 271-286
- View all items