INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS
The scope of interest of Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica (AMSS), an international journal, includes original contributions and invited review articles on various aspects relating the mechanics of solids, with a balanced coverage on analytical, experimental, numerical and applied inverstigations. The submissions must be unpublished, specifically prepared for AMSS, and not be under consideration elsewhere. All manuscripts should be written in clear and grammatical English and be submitted to Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica (AMSS) at http://amss.hust.edu.cn. If you are unable to provide an electronic version, please contact the editorial office prior to submission [e-mail: email@example.com; Tel.: +86-27-87543737; fax: +86-27-87543737]. Authors submit their article online by simply registering, logging-in, and submitting. The editor reserves the right to return manuscripts that do not conform to the instructions for manuscript preparation, as well as papers that do not fit the scope of the journal, prior to refereeing.
Submission language: English.
Corresponding author: Clearly indicate who is willing to handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. The e-mail address and the complete postal address should be provided. Full postal addresses must be given for all co-authors. Please consult a recent journal paper for style if necessary.Detailed instructions on manuscript preparation
The following requirements for manuscript are to be observed.
- Only original papers will be considered, and the author(s) must provide assurance that the paper has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The manuscript should be typed triplespaced on one side of page only, with wide margins to allow for editorial instructions.
- Name, affiliation and full address of the author(s), and the mailing addresses of co-authors should be stated.
- An abstract and key words should be included with the paper. The abstract should be concisely indicate both the objectives and the results of the research, and be a complete statement in itself.
- Keywords should be taken from this list given on this page.
- The maximum length of a paper is 30 pages (including equations, figures and tables). Too long manuscript will be returned to author for reduction prior to review. Publication in this journal is with charge.
- SI units should be used throughout the manuscript.
- All symbols should be clearly identified on the manuscript to avoid confusion in typesetting.
- References should be completed. Preferred forms for articles in journals, books, proceedings and reports are
Berryman, J. G., Confirmation of BiotÂ¿s theory, Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 37, 1980, 382-384.
Westergaard, H. M., Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity, Harvard Univ. Press, 1952, 135-142.
Goodier, J. N. , Proc. of Int. Conf. on Dynamic Stability of Structures, 1952, 189-211.
- Figures must be photographically reproducible. Line drawings, including lettering, must be clear and sharp and should be suitable for reduction. Halftone photographs should be of high contrast and be marked with any legend the author wishes to appear in final form. Each figure should be numbered, and a list of captions appended to the manuscript.
- The proofs of the reviewed article will be sent to the author for correction. Extensive alteration in proofs other than the printerÂ¿s errors may be charged to the author. Contributors to the reports section will be notified promptly of acceptance (or rejection) and the need for any editing. Once the report is in final form, it will be retyped by the editorial staff for direct reproduction.
As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g., via an e-mail list or list server)
- post a pre-print version of the article on Internet websites including electronic pre-print servers, and to retain indefinitely such version on such servers or sites
- post a revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on your personal or institutional website or server, with a link to the journal homepage (http://amss.hust.edu.cn)
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such a meeting
- for your employer, if the article is a 'work for hire', made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g., training)
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any processes or procedure described in the article
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially)
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of your article in the journal)
- prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal
Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their paper by the AMSS Editorial Office.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to sign a 'Copyright Transfer Form' and send it back to the editorial office of AMSS. Acceptance of the agreement will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information. An e-mail (or letter) will be sent to the corresponding author confirming receipt of the manuscript. After the manuscript has been accepted, a 'Copyright Transfer Form' will be sent to the corresponding author. It is necessary for every author to sign the Form. If material from other copyrighted works is included, the author(s) must obtain written permission from the copyright owners and credit the source(s) in the article.
Author Inquiries: For Inquiries regarding manuscript status, please contact the journal editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (027)-8754-3737.All technical Inquiries should be made to email@example.com