Surgery OA options
Choose to publish your paper open access
Elsevier’s surgery journals provide you with the opportunity to publish your research open access. We now offer open access options in over 1,600 established peer-reviewed journals. This means authors can publish in respected high-quality journals while also complying with new open access policies and mandates.
Why publish open access with Elsevier?
- Open access articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to download from ScienceDirect.
- You can choose from a range of Creative Commons licenses.
- Peer review: rigorous peer review by experts in the field.
- Community connections: share your research with your peers around the world.
Funding body compliance
Some funding bodies will also reimburse you for open access publication fees, making it even easier to publish open access. For more information on specific funding body agreements see our funding bodies agreements page.
How do I find out more?
For full information on publishing your paper open access in one of our surgery journals, including publication fees, how we can help authors meet funding body compliance, Creative Commons licenses and more, please visit the open access page.
Annals of Vascular Surgery
Current Problems in Surgery
Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Journal of Surgical Research
The American Journal of Surgery
- Annals of Vascular Surgery
- Current Problems in Surgery
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- Journal of Surgical Research
- Operative Techniques in Thoracic & Cardiovasc Surgery
- The American Journal of Surgery
- Transplantation Reviews