Delivers XML-coded bibliographic information and abstracts from 1,800 Elsevier scientific journals and 150 book series
CAPCAS is an electronic service that delivers XML-coded bibliographic information and abstracts from 1,800 Elsevier scientific journals and 150 book series.
CAPCAS is the only source of Elsevier journal data in this format, and delivers the data profile of choice, customized to meet your information requirements.
CAPCAS is the tool to help you provide early current awareness and a head start in highly competitive scientific disciplines in academia and industry.
Delivery is 12 days prior to print publication and faster than other providers
- Accurate and Efficient
Requires little or no re-processing and saves costs
Selective service allows the journal coverage you want
Information is coded in the Extended Markup Language [XML] that feeds into a wide variety of database production systems.
CAPCAS abstracts contained in the "XML Citation files" are according to the Elsevier DTD [Document Type Definition], and the associated bibliographic metadata in the "dataset.toc" files conforms to our CITADEL format.
Data is delivered to customers on a monthly basis through an automated FTP service.
XML DTD Specifications can be found at: http://www.info.sciverse.com/sciencedirect/implementation/implementing/dtds
CITADEL Specifications can be found at: http://www.info.sciverse.com/sciencedirect/implementation/implementing/sdos
CAPCAS datasets consists of the following files:
A master index file or dataset.toc file with complete bibliographic information as well as all relevant cross reference data.
If you're interested in evaluating CAPCAS data, a sample dataset can be requested from: EBD Marketing
A list of all Elsevier journals can be found here: http://www.info.sciverse.com/sciencedirect/content/journals/titles
- CAPCAS ToC is a Table of Contents service of 14,000 publications from Elsevier and other major publishers covering all fields of science.
- CAPCAS ToC is an electronic service that delivers current XML-coded bibliographic information.
- CAPCAS ToC allows you to easily integrate ToC data with your own systems and resources, offering you and your customers optimal current awareness.
- One-stop shop for reliable ToC data
- Fast FTP delivery (weekly or daily)
- Portfolio of approx. 14,000 leading STM publications
- Includes journals and book series in print and via internet
- Consistent XML data and quality Elsevier data structure
- DOI field included in records
For more information please contact a CAPCAS representative at: email@example.com
Last update: 12 Nov 2014