SciVerse - Responding to a changing scientific landscape
Elsevier launches SciVerse to bring together solutions like ScienceDirect, Scopus, the web content from Scirus, and SciTopics into one point of access, enabling more efficient search and discovery for our users. Watch the Flash video!
Beginning in 2008, Elsevier interviewed over 3,000 researchers, research librarians and application developers to discern the obstacles the scientific community is encountering most. We found that researchers need a better way to search, discover, store, share and reuse the data that is most important to their individual research. Developers need access to research data to be able to develop the applications that will best assist them. Librarians are under pressure to maximize the content they already have in their collections, and prove a return on investment for the services they purchase. The launch of the SciVerse platform aims to fulfill all these needs by providing a new single-point of access that will enable collaboration across these three groups.
Products available on the SciVerse Platform
Find the data you need with one click in SciVerse Hub
SciVerse Hub is your key to performing integrated searches across ScienceDirect, Scopus and web content.
- With one click, access all subscribed and web content
- Results ranked by relevancy and with no duplication
- Use applications on SciVerse Hub integrated content
Access peer reviewed full-text articles through SciVerse ScienceDirect
Looking for trusted content? SciVerse ScienceDirect scientific database contains more than 10 million journal articles and book chapters.
- Over 2,500 journals and over 12,000 books
- Averages almost a half-million additions each year
- Backfiles dating from 1823
Search millions of abstracts and index data with SciVerse Scopus
SciVerse Scopus is the world's largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources.
- Contains 41 million records, 70% with abstracts
- Over 18,000 titles from 5,000 publishers worldwide, with 70% of content from international sources
- Offers sophisticated tools to track, analyze and visualize research
Find trusted, relevant research summaries in SciVerse SciTopics
Launching on the SciVerse platform in late 2010, SciTopics is a dynamic, quick, informal-yet-authoritative online publication forum in which researchers can meet and share authoritative research summaries on a wide range of scientific topics.
- Pages are written by scientific experts only
- Share your knowledge and learn from others
- Read about the latest and most relevant journal and web results
Endless possibilities with SciVerse Applications
Starting in 2011, SciVerse Applications will the place to find and market applications, or collaborate with the scientific community to create applications.
- Provides a marketplace for scientific applications
- Add applications tailored to your interests and workflow
- Work with others to create applications for the scientific community
For more information about SciVerse please contact your local helpdesk.
Asia and Australia
Tel: +65 6349 0222
Fax: +65 6733 1050
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Tel: +31 20 485 3767
Tel: +81 3 5561 5034
Fax: +81 3 5561 5047
Tel: +82 2 6714 3000
Fax: +82 2 732 8689
North, Central America and Canada
Tel: +1 888 615 4500
Tel: +55 21 3970 9300
Fax: +55 21 2507 1991
Last update: 12 Sep 2012