United Nations University
Elsevier and the United Nations University–World Institute for Developmental Economics Research (UNU-WIDER) have established an agreement to help enable open access for research commissioned and funded by UNU-WIDER. This enables authors to comply with the institute's open access policy. This agreement covers research published after 1st October 2013.
Help and Support
For compliance queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon publication, Elsevier will:
- Enable authors to identify themselves as being funded by UNU-WIDER via our funding body form.
- Use an exclusive agreement where UNU-WIDER will retain copyright
- Offer authors the choice of Creative Commons user licenses
- Add the CrossMark® identifier and links back to the authoritative version of record on ScienceDirect.
- Provide immediate and permanent free access to the final published article on ScienceDirect.
In addition to this, authors are also able to immediately post the final open access article to both an appropriate repository of UNU-WIDER and other relevant repository's of the author's choosing. Read more on author rights.
When publishing gold open access, after acceptance a publication fee needs to be paid. These associated costs will be paid directly from UNU-WIDER to Elsevier.
Upon the author's notification that their article is covered by the UNU-WIDER policy, no fee will be required to be paid during the publication process by the author.