Help us promote your journalPromotional Material
Printed promotional materials such as posters, flyers, fact sheets, business and post cards can be produced to raise the visibility of your journal amongst authors, readers and other interested parties. We mostly distribute these materials at key conferences, either from an exhibit booth or as insertion in the conference bag for participants.
We are currently working on an electronic system that will allow you to efficiently request promotional materials and will inform you as soon as we are able to extend our services to you in this manner.
Printed subject catalogues in which books and journals are promoted together are mailed to key customers including librarians, professionals and society members, and presented on displays at conferences and meetings.
10 Ways you can help raise the profile and increase usage of your journal
- Encourage colleagues, students and associates to access the journal on ScienceDirect by adding a link to the author and journal homepage the bottom of all your e-mails.
- Encourage people to sign up for ScienceDirect alerts – they will be regularly reminded of the research published in the journal and may click through to read more.
- Inform us of classic or forthcoming, high profile articles so that we can highlight them on our marketing websites, in promotional materials, and on ScienceDirect itself.
- Provide additional input in the form of interesting snippets of information putting these articles in context – we can use this information to bring attention to ‘hot’ topics.
- E-mail a friend/colleague/student with a direct link to an interesting article on ScienceDirect using ‘E-mail Article’ – if their institute subscribes they will be able to click straight through to the full text. If not, they will have free access to the abstract and the option to purchase the article by Pay per View.
- When you come across a society/research web site that doesn’t list your Journal, let us know - we’ll try to establish reciprocal links.
- Distribute or display sample copies and/or promotional material at the conferences/meetings you attend. If you give us plenty of notice we can ship to your local accommodation to avoid heavy bags!
- Let us know about forthcoming relevant conferences that you come across – we can list them on our marketing websites.
- Make sure we have the best listing of related links on our marketing websites – forward your favourites to your publishing colleagues for inclusion in the links section.
- Include your journal and its homepage on your own business cards or letterheads.
10 Ways Scopus can help identify key contacts
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources with smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
Scopus supports the publishing process via the Scopus & EES integration, and offers free access for editors and reviewers.
With Scopus, you can:
- Identify leading researchers and invite them for paper submission
- Find reviewers and expand reviewer database
- Track references and documentation
- See how your journal is doing (by issues and years) in terms of citations, papers, important authors, etc.
- Check the whether the idea presented in a research/article is original
- Identify new research areas
- Check what’s hot in your field (trends)
- Stay up to date in your research area
- Track how you’re doing in comparison to your peers in terms of citation counts and articles
- Evaluate researchers and institutions activities
For more information, please visit: www.info.scopus.com