Elsevier’s new publishing work space
Evise is a web-based system to support the editorial process for 1.800 Elsevier scientific journals. It will replace the Elsevier Editorial System, or EES.
The current system, EES, was introduced in 2002. It has served us well but it is time for the next generation publishing work space: Evise.
Evise is being developed based on end user feedback.
Evise offers more features, better communication and improved workflow transparency compared to EES. These improvements are being developed for authors, editors and reviewers.
- Single sign on
- Integrated plagiarism check (Cross check)
- Integrated language editing
- Integrated technical document screening
- Cross-journal manuscript transfer
- Journal recommendation
- Reviewer finder
- Integration with Scopus
- Duplicate submission check
- Automatic manuscript assignment
- Manuscript viewable as HTML or PDF
- Evise comes in English, Spanish and French
- Outgoing and incoming email is stored with the manuscript
- Automatic handling of undelilverable e-mails
- Automation of many manual tasks
- Better and more flexible email templates
- Support of e-mail attachments
- Overview of personal tasks, for all roles, for all journals
- Journal dashboard for editors
- Improved reporting for editors
- Visualized manuscript workflow stage
- Visualized reviewer status
- Administration portal for journal set-up, user management and other Elsevier tasks