Workbook for Textbook of Diagnostic SonographyBy
- Sandra Hagen-Ansert, MS, RDMS, RDCS, FASE, FSDMS, Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, CA.
The perfect chapter-by-chapter learning companion to Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 7th Edition, this workbook makes it easy to review key sonography concepts and reinforce your understanding of general/abdominal sonography, obstetric/gynecologic sonography, vascular sonography, and echocardiography. A wide variety of activities, review questions, and case studies strengthen your critical thinking skills and help you learn how to successfully apply your knowledge to practice.
Paperback, 656 Pages
Published: May 2011
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF SONOGRAPHY1. Foundations of Sonography
2. Introduction to Physical Findings, Physiology, and Laboratory Data3. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer NEW!
4. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography NEW!5. Understanding Other Imaging Modalities NEW!
6. Artifacts in Scanning NEW!
7. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Abdominal Cavity8. Introduction to Abdominal Scanning: Techniques and Protocols
9. The Vascular System10. The Liver
11. The Gallbladder and the Biliary System12. The Pancreas
13. The Gastrointestinal Tract14. The Urinary System
15. The Spleen16. The Retroperitoneum
17. The Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall18. Abdominal Applications of Ultrasound Contrast
19. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques20. Emergent Abdominal Ultrasound Procedures
Part III: SUPERFICIAL STRUCTURES21. The Breast
22. The Thyroid23. The Scrotum
24. The Musculoskeletal System
25. Neonatal Echoencephalography26. The Pediatric Abdomen: Jaundice and Common Surgical Conditions
27. The Neonatal and Pediatric Kidneys and Adrenal Glands28. The Neonatal and Pediatric Pelvis
29. The Neonatal Hip30. The Neonatal Spine
Part V: THE THORACIC CAVITY31. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity
32. Introduction to Echocardiographic Evaluation and Techniques33. Fetal Echocardiography: Beyond the Four Chambers
34. Fetal Echocardiography: Congenital Heart Disease
35. Extracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation36. Intracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation
37. Peripheral Arterial Evaluation38. Peripheral Venous Evaluation
Part VII: GYNECOLOGY39. Normal Anatomy and Physiology of the Female Pelvis
40. Sonographic and Doppler Evaluation of the Female Pelvis41. Uterine Pathology
42. Ovarian Pathology43. Adnexal Pathology
44. The Role of Sonography in Evaluating Female Infertility
45. The Role of Sonography in Obstetrics46. Clinical Ethics for Obstetric Sonography
47. The Normal First Trimester48. First Trimester Complications
49. Sonography of the Second and Third Trimesters50. Obstetric Measurements and Gestational Age
51. Fetal Growth Assessment using Sonography52. Sonography and High Risk Pregnancy
53. Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Anomalies54. 3D and 4D Evaluation of Fetal Anomalies NEW!
55. The Placenta56. The Umbilical Cord
57. Amniotic Fluid, Membranes, and Fetal Hydrops58. The Fetal Face and Neck
59. The Fetal Neural Axis60. The Fetal Thorax
61. The Fetal Anterior Abdominal Wall62. The Fetal Abdomen
63. The Fetal Urogenital System64. The Fetal Skeleton