WDM Technologies: Active Optical Components
- Kenichi IGA, Tokyo Inst. of Technology
- Jens Buus, Gayton Photonics Ltd.
- Pierre-Jean Rogole, ADC – Altitun AB
- Gert Sarlet
- Akihiki Kasukawa, Yokohama R&D Laboratories, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- Stella W. Pang, University of Michigan
- Tatsuya Sasaki, System Devices and Fundamental Research, NEC Corp.
- Kouji Kudo, System Devices and Fundamental Research, NEC Corp.
- Masahiro Kobayashi, Fujitsu Quantum Devices Limited
- Kenko Taguchi, Development Dept., Optoelectronic Industry & Tech., Development Assoc
- T.G. Beck Mason, Agere Systems
- Rangaraj Madabhushi, Optoelectronics
- Fumio Koyama, Tokyo Inst. of Technology Edited by
- Masahiko Fujiwara, NEC Corporation, Tsukuba, Japan
- Niloy Dutta, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
- Achyut Dutta, Fujitsu Compound Semiconductor, Inc., San Jose, California
This book will be an excellent resource for engineers and researchers engaged in all aspects of fiber optics communication, such as, optoelectronics, equipment/system design, and manufacturing. The book is also a resource for graduate students and scholars interested in these rapidly growing fields.
Electrical Engineers (primary) and Computer engineers (secondary), and also
Engineers working in the optical systems, optical components in the communication area (P)
Hardbound, 680 Pages
Published: October 2002
Imprint: Academic Press
- 1. OverviewPART 1. Laser Sources2. Longwavelength Laser Source3. High Power Semiconductor Lasers for EDFA Pumping4. Tunable Laser Diodes5. Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser DiodesPART II: Optical Diodes6. Lithium Niobate Optical Modulators7. Electroabsorption ModulatorsPART III: Photodetectors8. P-I-N Photodiodes9. Avalanche PhotodiodesPART IV: Fabrication Technologies10. Selective Growth Techniques and Their Applications in WDM Device Fabrication11. Dry Etching Technology for Optical DevicesPART V: Optical Packaging Technologies12. Optical Packaging/Module Technologies: Design Methodologies13. Packaging Technologies for Optical Components: Integrated ModuleIndex