Tru64 UNIX System Administrator's GuideBy
- Matthew Cheek, Senior UNIX System Administrator at Medical Archival Systems, Inc. (part of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) and the author of Digital UNIX System Administrator's Guide. Cheek has installed, configured, managed, and written about UNIX systems from a variety of vendors since 1988.
- Scott Fafrak, Senior Consultant and Instructor, Bruden Corporation.
- Steven Hancock, File Systems Support Engineer, HP's Tru64 UNIX Support Engineering Group.
- Martin Moore, Leader of the UNIX Expert Support Team, Hewlett Packard Corporation.
- Gregory Yates, Senior consultant, UNIX support group, Hewlett-Packard Company.
Tru64 UNIX System Administrator's Guide is an indispensable aid for Tru64 UNIX system administrators. Its clear explanations and practical, step-by-step instructions are invaluable to both new and experienced administrators dealing with the latest UNIX operating systems. Several top Compaq employees from their Tru64 UNIX group co-authored this revision and reveal their most useful shortcuts and "how-tos" as well as pointing out pitfalls to be avoided. The material included in its pages can't be found in any other publication. The Digital Press title Tru64 UNIX File System Administration Handbook by Steve Hancock offers complementary coverage for Compaq's UNIX users.This is the only book available for Tru64 UNIX system administrators. It provides practical, step-by-step tutelage to system administrators dealing with the latest (version 5.1) UNIX operating systems. Several top Compaq employees from their Tru64 UNIX group co-authored this book and added their expertise and experience to the material included in its pages. The Digital Press title Tru64 UNIX File System Administration Handbook by Steve Hancock offers complementary coverage for Compaq's UNIX users.
Managers with responsibility for IT installations including UNIX machines
Paperback, 512 Pages
Published: December 2001
Imprint: Digital Press
Praise for the previous edition: "With the Digital UNIX System Administrator's Guide, author Matthew Cheek presents an exceptionally thorough and logical examination of Digital UNIX administration and concerns. He defines each term and concept as he introduces the accompanying techniques. Cheek presents an introduction to the chapters detailing what the chapter contains. He employs a rare continuity from chapter to chapter. For example, the Installation chapter leads into System Configuration, which bridges into User Accounts. This is a superb addition to existing general administration documentation and an excellent guide to the Digital UNIX system." - Elizabeth Zinkann, SysAdmin, Books: A User's Report, Apr/1999
- Preface; Acknowledgements; Introduction to Tru64 UNIX; Installation; Storage [new]; System Configuration; User Accounts; Security; Networking; Printing [was Services]; Processes and Resources; Performance Monitoring and Tuning; Backups; System Logging and Troubleshooting [was Troubleshooting and Recovery]; Appendix A: Electronic Resources; Appendix B: Recommended Reading