Thermal Stress Analysis of Beams, Plates and Shells
- Erasmo Carrera, Professor of Space Structures and Thermal Stresses, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Fiorenzo Fazzolari, Researcher in Dynamics and Thermal Stress Analysis of Plates and Shells, City University London, UK
Thermal Stress Analysis of Beams, Plates and Shells presents classic and advanced thermal stress topics in a cutting-edge review of this critical area. Tackling subjects with little coverage in existing resources, the book considers complex problems, including multi-layered cases using modern advanced computational and vibrational methods.
Authors Carrera and Fazzolari begin with a review of the fundamentals of thermoelasticity and thermal stress analysis relating to advanced structures and the basic mechanics of beams, plates, and shells, making the book a self-contained reference.
The text then progresses to more challenging topics, including multilayered, anisotropic thermal stress structures, static and dynamic responses of coupled and uncoupled thermoelastic problems, thermal buckling and post-buckling behavior of thermally loaded structures, and thermal effects on panel flutter phenomena, amongst others.
Engineers, researchers and graduate students within mechanical, civil and aerospace engineering working on thermal stress problems.
- Published: December 2015
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-420066-1
Table of Contents
2. Solution of sample problems in classical thermoelasticity
3. Thermoelasticity, coupled and uncoupled variational formulations
4. Fundamental mechanics of beams, plates and shells
5. Multilayered, anisotropic thermal stress structures
6. Advanced theories for multilayered beams, plates and shells
7. Through-the-thickness thermal fields in one-layer and multilayered structures
8. Computational methods for thermal stress analysis
9. Static response of uncoupled thermoelastic problems
10. Dynamic response of uncoupled thermoelastic problems
11.Static and dynamic responses of coupled thermoelastic problems
12. Thermal buckling
13. Post buckling behavior of thermally loaded structures
14. Thermal effect on flutter of panels
15. Thermal stresses in functionally graded materials