Therapeutic Taping for Musculoskeletal ConditionsBy
- Maria Constantinou, BPhty, MPhtySt(Sports), GradCertEd, FASMF, Secretary IFSPT, FASMF, APA Sports Physiotherapist, Lecturer, School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Australia
- Mark Brown, BAppSc(Phty), MHSc(Sport Phty), MBA, FASMF, APA Sports Physiotherapist, Fellow, Australian Sports Medicine Federation (FASMF), Assistant Professor in Physiotherapy Bond University
An easy-to-follow guide and instructional DVD presenting a wide range of remedial taping techniques
Therapeutic Taping for Musculoskeletal Conditions explores a large selection of body taping techniques that can be used anywhere from the sporting field to the hospital ward.
This practical textbook for health professionals works from a scientific framework and is supported by current evidence-based practice and research.
Therapeutic Taping for Musculoskeletal Conditions is structured around the quadrants of the body - including upper body taping, lower body taping and taping for spinal conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, pelvis and sacroiliac joint.
Presented in a handy spiral-bound format, this important reference book is clearly illustrated, with each technique also demonstrated on the accompanying DVD.Therapeutic Taping for Musculoskeletal Conditions is targeted at physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, podiatrists, athletic trainers, sports therapists, doctors and other health professionals wanting to expand their treatment techniques and develop their expertise in treating musculoskeletal conditions.
Published: October 2010
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- Introduction to therapeutic taping
- Review of the principles and effects
- Precautions and preparation procedures
- Upper body
- Lower body
- Spinal conditions of cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, pelvis and sacroiliac joint (SIJ)
- Soft casting techniques