The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-433 Prep Kit
Database DesignSeries Editor:
- Mark Horninger, A+, Net+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSD, MCAD, MCDBA, MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, President of Haverford Consultants, Adjunct Professor, Kaplan University, Havertown, PA, USA
SQL Server 2008 is the latest update to Microsoft's flagship database management system. This is the largest update since SQL Server 2005, and it brings increased ability to deliver data across more platforms, and thus many different types of devices. New functionality also allows for easy storage and retrieval of digitized images and video. These attributes address the recent explosion in the popularity of web-based video and server and desktop virtualization.
The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-433 Prep Kit prepares readers for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist exam: SQL Server 2008, Database Development. This is a new exam in the SQL Server product family, and is comprised of some objectives from exam 70-431 from SQL Server 2005, and covers new, expanded query capabilities in SQL Server 2008. According to Microsoft:
- Exam 70-431 for SQL Server 2005 was passed by over 35,000 people.
- ~ 150,000 people passed a similar exam for SQL Server 2000.
Additionally, this exam is a pre-requisite for those going on to obtain the MCITP: Database Developer 2008:
- Successful candidates for the SQL Server 2005 MCITP ~ 2,500.
The Prep Kit offers practice exams via the book's companion site.
Database administrators/developers/programmers seeking to certify in or upgrade their certification to Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Paperback, 632 Pages
Published: May 2009
- Chapter 1: New Features in SQL 2008Chapter 2: Implementing ObjectsChapter 3: Programming ObjectsChapter 4: Using the CLRChapter 5: Implementing Error HandlingChapter 6: Implementing TransactionsChapter 7: Working with DML QueriesChapter 8: Working with DML FunctionsChapter 9: Working with Multiple Source QueriesChapter 10: Demystifying Data TypesChapter 11: Explaining Advanced Query TechniquesChapter 12: Other Components in SQLChapter 13: Explaining XMLChapter 14: Performance Tuning