The Practitioner as Teacher
- Sue Howard, MA, DNT, DNCert, RHV, RGN, Acting Assistant Director, Education, Royal College of Nursing, London, UK
- Sally Thomson, MA(Ed), BEd(Hons), DipNEd, RGN, RMN, RNT, Director of Nursing and Clinical Effectiveness, Oxleas NHS, Kent, UK
- T. David Barton, MPhil, PhD, BEd, DipN, RGN, RNT, Academic Lead for the Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, School of Health Science, Swansea University, Swansea, UK Academic Lead for Nursing and Advanced Practice Edited by
- Sue Hinchliff, BA, MSc, RGN, RNT, Visiting Professor in Nursing and Nursing Education, London South Bank University, London, UK; Consultant to Accreditation Unit, Royal College of Nursing, London, UK
This is a trusted handbook on how to teach others: peers, students, patients and relatives.
Using a âtalking throughâ strategy this is a practical âHow toâ guide, rather than an academic treatise, with a much stronger focus on the use of competencies.
Sections focus on these key areas:
â¢ How people learn
â¢ How to teach
â¢ How to use competencies in teaching
â¢ How to support learners
â¢ How to assess teaching & learning
- Published: February 2009
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-2999-8