The Natural Radiation Environment VII
Seventh International Symposium on the Natural Radiation Environment (NRE-VII) Rhodes, Greece, 20-24 May 2002Edited by
- J.P. McLaughlin, University College Dublin, Ireland
- E.S. Simopoulos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- F. Steinhäusler, University of Salzburg, Austria
The Natural Radiation Environment Symposium (NRE VII), the Seventh in the NRE series, which commenced forty years ago in 1963 at Rice University Texas, was held in Rhodes (Greece) in May 2002. During the intervening four decades the research work presented at these NRE Symposia has contributed to a deeper understanding of natural radiation and in particular of its contribution to human radiation exposures.It is clear from the quality and diversity of the 143 papers in this volume of Radioactivity in the Environment series that the study of the natural radiation environment is an active and continually expanding field of research. The papers in this volume fall into a number of main and topical research areas namely:
- the measurement and behaviour of natural radionuclides in the environment
- cosmic radiation measurement and dosimetry
- the external penetrating radiation field at ground level
- TENR (Technologically Enhanced Natural Radiation) and NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials) studies
- assessment of the health effects of radon
- regulatory aspects of natural radiation exposures
Radioactivity in the Environment
Published: March 2005
...This book provides a valuable resource for all those interested in environmental radioactivity and radiation.
Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 2005
..is a superb addition to the library collection of any established scientist or engineer or graduate student studying the field on natural radiation in the environment.
Journal and Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 2005
...provides a useful collection of short articles on a broad range of topics for those particularly interested in radon and thoron.
M.I. Sheppard , Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 2005