The integration of process design and control ⊣ Summary and future directions (P. Seferlis, M.C. Georgiadis).
Part A Controllability analysis and process characterisation.
1. The need for simultaneous design education (W.L. Luyben).
2. Chemical process characterization for control design( N. Hernjak et al.).
3. Quantitative nonlinearity assessment ⊣ An introduction to nonlinearity measures (T. Schweickhardt, F. Allgöwer).
4. A geometric approach for process operability analysis (C. Georgakis et al.).
5. Unravelling complex system dynamics using spectral association methods (I.T. Cameron, A.M. Walsh).
6. Thermodynamic controllability assessment in process synthesis (F. Michiel Meeuse, J. Grievink).
7.Analysing the controllability of nonlinear process systems (I. David L. Bogle et al.).
Part B Integrated process design and control ⊣ Methods.
1. Simultaneous process and control design using mixed integer dynamic optimization and parametric programming (V. Sakizlis et al.).
2. The back-off approach to simultaneous design and control (I.K. Kookos, J.D. Perkins).
3. The use of controller parametrization in the integration of design and control (C.L.E. Swartz).
4. Process design and operation: Incorporating environmental, profitability, heat integration and controllability considerations (Hasan Y. Alhammadi, Jose A. Romagnoli).
5. Design for controllability of integrated plants (Hong Cui Carlemalm, Elling Jacobsen).
6. Process design and control structure evaluation and screening using nonlinear sensitivity analysis(P. Seferlis, J. Grievink).
Part C Plantwide interactions of design and control.
1. Design of industrial processes for dynamic operability (M.L. Luyben).
2. Synthesis of plantwide control structures using a decision-based methodology (E.M. Vasbinder et al.).
3. Component inventory control in recycle systems (A.C. Dimian, C.S. Bildea).
4. Tools and indices for dynamic I/O-controllability assessment and control structure selection (S. Engell et al.).
5. Interaction between design and control for an adiabatic tubular reactor process with recycle (Yih-Hang Chen, Cheng-Ching Yu).
Part D Integrated process design and control ⊣ Extensions.
1. Integration of optimal operation and control( S. Skogestad).
2. Integrated batch control (L. Puigjaner et al
3. Towards integrated design and control for defect-free products (D.R. Lewin et al
4. Multi-objective integrated design and control using stochastic global optimization methods (O.H. Sendin et al
5. The solution of the simultaneous decoupling and pole placement problem using global optimization (A. Soffýa Hauksdóttir et al
6. Towards a joint process and control design for batch processes: application to semibatch polymer reactors (J. Alvarez et al