The Immune-Neuroendocrine Circuitry
History and Progress
- I. Berczi, Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Andor Szentivanyi
The book summarises the current understanding of the Nervous -, Endocrine and Immune systems with emphasis on shared mediators and receptors and functional interaction. In addition to the fundamental physiological and pathophysiological mechanisms, which are presented in detail, some clinically relevant subjects are also presented, such as inflammation, asthma and allergy, autoimmune disease, immunodeficiency and the acute phase response.
• A comprehensive presentation of neuroimmune biology
• Introduces the subject matter to the uninformed reader
• Contains basic information, theoretical considerations and up-to-date clinical chapters
• The clinical chapters will be helpful to practising physicians
Neurologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, immunologists, endocrinologists, physiologists, practising clinicians, veterinarians, animal scientists.