The 2011 Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Accident
How and Why It Happened
- Yotaro Hatamura, Hatamura Institute for the Advancement of Technology, Japan
- Seiji Abe, Kansai University, Japan
- Masao Fuchigami, Komatsu Ltd., Japan
- Naoto Kasahara, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kenji Iino, SYDROSE LP, USA
In March 2011 the Fukushima nuclear power plant (NPP) in Japan was hit by an earthquake and subsequent tsunami which resulted in the release of significant amounts of radioactive material. The incident led to the suspension of nuclear programmes by a number of countries. This book provides a definitive account of the accident.
Safety managers, designers and engineers of nuclear power plants, government agencies responsible for the regulation of the nuclear industry, and academics conducting research into nuclear plant design, operation and safety will find this book an essential record of the event and an informative guide to future planning.