The Four Colors of Business GrowthBy
- Anjan V. Thakor, John E. Simon Professor of Finance and Director of the PhD Program, Olin School of Business, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA
Defining an organization by its growth strategy enables business leaders to make better decisions about the ways their companies compete. Anjan Thakors four categories of growth, which he arranges into the Competing Values Framework, delivers methods for developing strategies grounded in internal cultures and industry goals. Written for professionals, this book provides easy access to concepts in fields as diverse as corporate strategy, finance, organizational behavior, change management, and leadership.
People worldwide who make decisions about growth directions for their companies, as well as people responsible for interpreting company decisions and values for employees. Secondary audience includes undergraduates and graduate (MBA) students worldwide studying business strategies.
Paperback, 184 Pages
Published: July 2011
Imprint: Academic Press
"For a global, multi-cultural company to succeed, it needs a common language. The Competing Values Framework provides it and has been an essential tool for gaining alignment around strategies and organizational priorities within Bunge's senior leadership team."--Aberto Weisser, CEO Bunge Limited "Not since Jim Collins 'Good to Great' have I been so stirred to thought and action as I am by the practical application of the Competing Values framework. Stimulating healthy growth is the lifeblood of all enterprises. Combining the behavioral realities of the companys talent and the rational realities of an individual s gifts strikes at the heart of good leadership. Harnessing the potential of an organization by recognizing and nurturing the ability to reach across disciplines and personalities to create teamwork that can focus its resources on the best growth opportunities.A book worth sharing with your leadership team across all disciplines."--Ron Fromm, Chairman and CEO, Brown Shoe Company, Inc.
- Growth is Everywhere
- Growth Comes in Four Colors
- The Competing Values Framework (CVF) for Growth
- How Do You Know What Color Your Growth Strategy Should Be?
- Organizational Alignment for Growth: the Power of the Competing Values Framework in Aligning the Organization through a Common Language
- Ideas for Yellow Growth Strategies
- Ideas for Red Growth Strategies
- Ideas for Blue Growth Strategies
- Ideas for Green Growth Strategies
- Wrapping Up