The Fish Immune System, 15
Organism, Pathogen, and Environment
- George Iwama, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Teruyuki Nakanishi, National Research Institute of Aquaculture, Inland Sttaion, Tamaki-cho, Watarai Mie 519-04, Japan
- William Hoar, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- David Randall, Zoology Department, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada and Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, China
Hardbound, 380 pages
Published: January 1997
Imprint: Academic Press
"Volume 15 in the series, The Fish Immune System (ISBN 0-12-350439-2), edited by Iwama and Nakanishi, is an excellent source for those who wish to review the immunology of fish... the only comprehensive, single-volume reference on the fish immune system... As fish are increasingly used as model systems for vertebrate immune systems, The Fish Immune System will be a crucial reference."
--TROPICAL FISH HOBBYIST
- Anatomy of the Immune System. Cells and Tissues of the Immune System of Fish. The Immune System: Nonspecific Defense Mechanisms. Cellular Defenses. Humoral Defense. Specific Defense Mechanisms. Cellular Defenses. Humoral Defenses. Immunomodulation. Natural Changes in the Immune System of Fish. Environmental Factors in Fish Health, Immunological Aspects. Endogenous Factors. Infection and Disease. Bacterial, Viral, And Parasitic. Subject Index.