The Finite Element Method: Its Basis and Fundamentals
- Olek Zienkiewicz, Finite element method pioneer and former UNESCO Professor of Numerical Methods in Engineering, Barcelona, Spain
- Robert Taylor, Emeritus Professor of Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- J.Z. Zhu, Senior Scientist at ProCast Inc., ESI-Group North America, USA
The Finite Element Method: Its Basis and Fundamentals offers a complete introduction to the basis of the finite element method, covering fundamental theory and worked examples in the detail required for readers to apply the knowledge to their own engineering problems and understand more advanced applications.
This edition sees a significant rearrangement of the bookâs content to enable clearer development of the finite element method, with major new chapters and sections added to cover:
- Weak forms
- Variational forms
- Multi-dimensional field problems
- Automatic mesh generation
- Plate bending and shells
- Developments in meshless techniques
Focusing on the core knowledge, mathematical and analytical tools needed for successful application, The Finite Element Method: Its Basis and Fundamentals is the authoritative resource of choice for graduate level students, researchers and professional engineers involved in finite element-based engineering analysis.
Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineers, applied mathematicians and computer aided engineering software developers