The Electronic Health Record for the Physician's OfficeBy
- Amy DeVore
Hands-on practice helps students understand Electronic Health Record software! Written in a conversational, easy-to-understand style, DeVoreâs The Electronic Health Record for the Physicianâs Office offers a unique balance of theory and application. From the basics of EHR to practical implementation, this text covers how the electronic health record impacts the job responsibilities of the medical assistant. Each chapter includes exercises using Practice Partner EHR software, so students can practice concepts as they learn them. Thereâs no better introduction to the howâs and whyâs of using electronic health records!
Medical Assisting students and programs in community colleges and private post-secondary schools.
Paperback, 272 Pages
Published: February 2010
1. Introduction to Electronic Health Records
2. Privacy, Confidentiality, and Security
3. Transitioning from Paper Charts to Electronic Health Records
4. Overview of Electronic Health Records Software
5. Administrative Use of the Electronic Health Record
6. Using the Electronic Health Record for Reimbursement
7. Clinical Use of the Electronic Health Record
8. Health Promotion, Patient Education, and Clinical Decision Support
9. The Personal Health Record