Strategies and Tactics in Organic SynthesisEditor-in-Chief:
- Michael Harmata
A classic in the area of organic synthesis, Strategies and Tactics in Organic Synthesis provides a forum for investigators to discuss their approach to the science and art of organic synthesis. Rather than a simple presentation of data or a second-hand analysis, we are given stories that vividly demonstrate the power of the human endeavour known as organic synthesis and the creativity and tenacity of its practitioners. First hand accounts of each project tell of the excitement of conception, the frustration of failure and the joy experienced when either rational thought and/or good fortune give rise to successful completion of a project. In this book we learn how synthesis is really done and are educated, challenged and inspired by these stories, which portray the idea that triumphs do not come without challenges. We also learn that we can meet challenges to further advance the science and art of organic synthesis, driving it forward to meet the demands of society, in discovering new reactions, creating new designs and building molecules with atom and step economies that provide solutions through function to create a better world.
Organic chemists; libraries at all colleges and universities and chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
Strategies and Tactics in Organic Synthesis
Hardbound, 512 Pages
Published: August 2004
Imprint: Academic Press
- 1. A Remarkable Architectural Self-Construction Process is Discovered in a Synthesis of FR182877(C.D. Vanderwal, E. Sorensen).
2. Total Synthesis of the DNA Azinomycin Family of Antitumor Agents (R.S. Coleman).
3. Breaking the Symmetry of Silacyclic Templates to Assemble Pinolidoxin and Herbarumin I (S.A. Kozmin, Dong Liu).
4. Quinone Sesquiterpenes: A Challenge For The Development Of A New Synthetic Methodology(E.A. Theodorakis et al.).
5. Strategies Leading to the Synthesis of a Novel Ketolide Antibiotic (Ashok V. Bhatia).
6. Towards the Syntheses of Natural Protoilludanes and Linear Triquinanes from Cycloundecadienynes(A-L. Dhimane, M. Malacria).
7. Development of General Synthetic Strategies Towards Oligocycloalkanes (K.M. Bucholtz, B.L. Miller).
8. Achmatowicz Approach to 5,6-Dihydro-2H-pyran-2-one Containing Natural Products (J.M. Harris et al.).
9. First Total Synthesis of (+)-Amphidinolide T1(A.K. Ghosh, Chunfeng Liu.
10. Total Synthesis of Zincophorin and its Methyl Ester (C. Meyer et al.).
11. The Enantioselective Synthesis of Morphine(D.F. Taber et al.).
12. The Invention of the Alkynol Cycloisomerization Reaction: Application to the Synthesis of Digitoxin(F.E. McDonald).
13. Biomimetic Synthesis of Natural Products Isolated from Bignoniaceae (J.P. Malerich, D. Trauner).
14. Stereoselective Synthesis of Polyunsaturated - &ggr;-Alkylidenebutenolides: The Total Synthesis of the Xerulins (R. Br&Ã¼uml;ckner et al.