SQL Injection Attacks and Defense
- Justin Clarke, Justin Clarke(CISSP, CISM, CISA, MCSE, CEH) is a cofounder and executive director of Gotham Digital Science, based in the United Kingdom. He has over ten years of experience in testing the security of networks, web applications, and wireless networks for large financial, retail, and technology clients in the United States, the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
"SQL injection is probably the number one problem for any server-side application, and this book unequaled in its coverage." -Richard Bejtlich, Tao Security blog
SQL injection represents one of the most dangerous and well-known, yet misunderstood, security vulnerabilities on the Internet, largely because there is no central repository of information available for penetration testers, IT security consultants and practitioners, and web/software developers to turn to for help.
SQL Injection Attacks and Defense, Second Edition is the only book devoted exclusively to this long-established but recently growing threat. This is the definitive resource for understanding, finding, exploiting, and defending against this increasingly popular and particularly destructive type of Internet-based attack.
SQL Injection Attacks and Defense, Second Edition includes all the currently known information about these attacks and significant insight from its team of SQL injection experts, who tell you about:
- Understanding SQL Injection - Understand what it is and how it works
- Find, confirm and automate SQL injection discovery
- Tips and tricks for finding SQL injection within code
- Create exploits for using SQL injection
- Design apps to avoid the dangers these attacks
- SQL injection on different databases
- SQL injection on different technologies
- SQL injection testing techniques
- Case Studies
AudiencePenetration testers, IT Security Consultants and practitioners, Database Administrators, Application Developers, Network Administrators, Security Managers, Security Analysts.
- Published: June 2012
- Imprint: SYNGRESS
- ISBN: 978-1-59749-963-7
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. History of SQL Injection
Chapter 3. Understanding SQL Injection
Chapter 4. SQL Injection on Different Databases
Chapter 5. SQL Injection on Different Technologies
Chapter 6. SQL Injection Testing Techniques
Chapter 7. Defenses
Chapter 8. Case Studies
Appendices - SQL Injection Cheat Sheet