Spin-stand Microscopy of Hard Disk Data
- Isaak Mayergoyz, University of Maryland, ECE Department, College Park, USA
- Chun Tse, University of Maryland, ECE Department, College Park, U.S.A.
- conceptual novelty of the technique and the demonstration of its wide scope of applications- detailed exposition of the principles of spin-stand magnetic microscopy- comprehensive discussions of novel image reconstruction techniques- demonstration of high resolution spin-stand images of hard disk data- presentation of sector-by-sector ex-situ forensics of hard disk files- extensive studies of data-dependent thermal relaxations of magnetization patterns recorded on hard disks
This book is suitable for magnetic data researchers and practitioners, magnetic microscopy professionals, computer forensics and commercial data recovery.
- Published: December 2006
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-08-044465-9
Table of ContentsPreface
I. Spin-Stand Microscopy: Theory
1. Introduction2. Scanning Mechanism of the Spin-Stand Microscopy Technique3. Magnetization Image Reconstruction4. Extraction and Scaling of the Head Response Function5. Intersymbol Interference Removal
II. Spin-Stand Microscopy: Applications
6. High-Speed Ex-Situ Spin-Stand Microscopy of Hard Disk Data7. Spin-Stand Based Forensic Studies of Hard Disk Data8. Spin-Stand Microscopy of Transverse Magnetization9. Spin-Stand Study of Data-Dependent Thermal Relaxations
A. Overview of Hard Disk Drive Components and TechnologyB. Implementation of ISI-Removal AlgorithmC. Aligning Algorithm