- Raimo Silvennoinen, University of Joensuu, Department of Physics, Finland
- Kai-Erik Peiponen, University of Joensuu, Department of Physics, Finland
- Kari Myller, MGM-Devices Ltd, Finland
The aesthetic appearance of various objects is important to human beings. One measure of the quality of an object is its surface quality, which can be characterized with the concept of gloss. Nowadays measurement of the gloss is a routine off-line method in assessment of quality of product at various sectors of industry.
The book gives a fresh treatment on the concept of gloss. Theoretical description will be on more general basis of optical physics than in other sources. The text will give a modern treatise of machine vision based glossmeters and furnish the ideas how to measure and analyse gloss from complex-structured objects. Innovations of machine vision and gloss data analysis by embedded micro-controllers and microprocessors are trademarks that fill the gaps of older textbooks.
- modern treatment of gloss - presents novel glossmeter based high technology- completes principle of machine vision- application in industrial environment- emphasis on pedagogical presentation
This book is suitable for university students, polytechnic students, teachers and engineers and companies. It is also suitable for pharmaceutical tablet makers and workshops.
Hardbound, 520 Pages
Published: December 2007
- 1. Introduction2. Light reflection from ideal surface3. Light reflection from rough surface4. Specular gloss5. Light sources for gloss measurement6. Detectors for gloss measurement7. Traditional glossmeters8. Modern glossmetersReferencesSubject Index