Small GTPases and Their Regulators, Part C: Proteins Involved in Transport, 257
- W. Balch, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, U.S.A.
- Channing Der, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, U.S.A.
- Alan Hall, University College of London, U.K.
- John Abelson, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
- Melvin Simon, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
Biochemists, molecular biologists, cell biologists, pharmacologists, neurophysiologists, and neurochemists.
Methods in Enzymology
Published: August 1995
Imprint: Academic Press
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
Praise for the Series, --NEUROSCIENCE
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
- Expression, Purification, and Posttranslational Modification:C. Nuoffer, F. Peter, and W.E. Balch, Purification of His6-Tagged Rab1 Proteins Using Bacterial and Insect Cell Expression Systems.H. Horiuchi,O. Ullrich, C. Bucci, and M. Zerial, Purification of Posttranslationally Modified and Unmodified Rab5 Protein Expressed in Spodoptera frugiperda Cells.M.A. Riederer, T. Soldati, A.B. Dirac-Svejstrup, and S.R. Pfeffer, Expression of Rab9 Protein in Escherichia coli: Purification and Isoprenylation in Vitro.Y. Jiang, G. Rossi, and S. Ferro-Novick, Characterization of Yeast Type-II Geranylgeranyltransferase.S.A. Armstrong, M.S. Brown, J.L. Goldstein, and M.C. Seabra, Preparation of Recombinant Rab Geranylgeranyltransferase and Rab Escort Proteins.K. Kimura, T. Oka, and A. Nakano, Purification and Assay of Yeast Sar1p.T. Rowe and W.E. Balch, Expression and Purification of Mammalian Sar1.Guanine NucleotideExchange and Hydrolysis:A. Kikuchi, H. Nakanishi, and Y. Takai, Purification and Properties of Rab3A.T. Sasaki and Y. Takai, Purification and Properties of Bovine Rab-GDP Dissociation Inhibitor.F. Peter, C. Nuoffer, I. Schalk, and W.E. Balch, Expression and Purification of Recombinant His6-Tagged Guanine Nucleotide Dissociation Inhibitor and Formation of Rab1 Complex.D.M. Roberts, M.D. Garrett, and P.J. Novick, Purification of GDP Dissociation Stimulator Dss4 from Recombinant Bacteria.J.L. Burton and P. De Camilli, Expression, Purification, and Functional Assay of Mss4.C. Barlowe and R. Schekman, Expression, Purification, and Assay of Sec12p: A Sar1p-Specific GDP Dissociation Stimulator.I.G. Macara and W.H. Brondyk, Oligonucleotide Mutagenesis of Rab GTPases.P. Vollmer and D. Gallwitz, High Expression Cloning, Purification, and Assay of Ypt-GTPase Activating Proteins.P.A. Randazzo, O. Weiss, and R.A. Kahn, Preparation of Recombinant ADP-Ribosylation Factor.F.R. Bischoff and H. Ponstingl, Catalysis of Guanine Nucleotide Exchange of Ran by RCC1 and Stimulation of Hydrolysis of Ran-Bound GTP by Ran-GAP1.T. Yeung, T. Yoshihisa, and R. Schekman, Purification of Sec23p-Sec24p Complex.Cell Expression and Analysis in Vivo:H. Stenmark, C. Bucci, and M. Zerial, Expression of Rab GTPase Using Recombinant Vaccinia Viruses.C. Dascher, E.J. Tisdale, and W.E. Balch, Transient Expression of Small GTPases to Study Protein Transport along Secretory Pathway in Vivo Using the Recombinant T7 Vaccinia Virus System.C. Dascher, J.K. VanSlyke, L. Thomas, W.E. Balch, and G. Thomas, Preparation of Recombinant Vaccinia Virus for Expression of Small GTPases.L. Martin-Parras and M. Zerial, Using Oligonucleotides for Cloning Rab Proteins by PCR.W.H. Brondyk and I.G. Macara, Use of Two-Hybrid System to Identify Rab-Binding Proteins.H. Damke, M. Gossen, S. Freundlieb, H. Bujard, and S.L. Schmid, Tightly Regulated and Inducible Expression of Dominant Interfering Dynamin Mutant in Stably Transformed HeLa Cells.R.W. Holz, R.A. Senter, and M.D. Uhler, Investigation by Transient Transfection of the Effects on Regulated Exocytosis of Rab3A.M.D. Garrett and P.J. Novick, Expression, Purification, and Assays of Gdi1p from Recombinant Escherichia coli. Biological Activity:O. Ullrich, H. Horiuchi, K. Alexandrov, and M. Zerial, Use of Rab-GDP Dissociation Inhibitor for Solubilization and Delivery of Rab Proteins to Biological Membranes in Streptolysin O-Permeabilized Cells.T. Soldati, A.D. Shapiro, and S.R. Pfeffer, Reconstitution of Rab9 Endosomal Targeting and Nucleotide ExchangeUsing Purified Rab9-GDP Dissociation Inhibitor Complexes and Endosome-Enriched Membranes.J.M. McCaffery and M.G. Farquhar, Localization of GTPases by Indirect Immunofluorescence and Immunoelectron Microscopy.F. Melchior, D.J. Sweet, and L. Gerace, Analysis of Ran/Tc4 Function in Nuclear Protein Import.H. Shirataki and Y. Takai, Purification and Properties of Rabphilin-3A.L.A. Huber, P. Dupree, and C.G. Dotti, Use of Antisense Oligonucleotides to Study Rab Function in Vivo.H.A. Brown and P.C. Sternweis, Stimulation of Phospholipase D by ADP-Ribosylation Factor.C. Murphy and M. Zerial, Expression of Rab Proteins during Mouse Embryonic Development.Author Index.Subject Index.