Shortness of Breath
A Guide to Better Living and Breathing
- Andrew Ries, MD, MPH
- Patricia Bullock, RRT, RCP MSc, SRN, RCNT, Clinical Specialist, Stoma Care, Hillingdon Health Authority, Hillingdon, UK
- William Larsen, MBA, CMA, Medical Assistant Program Coordinator, National American University
- Trina Limberg, BS, RRT, RCP
- Roseann Myers, RN, BSN
- Toni Pfister, MS
- Dawn Sassi-Dambron, RN, MSN
- Jamie Sheldon, PT, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Published: August 2000
- Imprint: MOSBY
- ISBN: 978-0-323-01064-1
Table of ContentsWhat are Shortness of Breath and Other Breathing Problems All About? The Lungs: How They Are
Put Together and How They Work. COPD: What Does That Mean? Understanding Your Medications.
Oxygen and Aerosols: What They Can Do For You? The Art of Better Breathing and Coughing. Day
In, Day Out: Your Daily Activities. Cleaning Out Your Tubes: Bronchial Hygiene. Exercise to Better
Health. Letting Go: Relaxation Techniques. You Are What You Eat. You Dont Have to Be Grounded.
Smoking, Smog, and Other Bad Stuff. The Psychology of Better Breathing. When to Call Your Doctor
and What to Do in an Emergency. Getting It All Together. You Dont Have to Do It Alone: Pulmonary
Rehabilitation. Resources: Where to Go For Information. A Look to the Future.